Weird rotating wheels

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

willing to learn

Reaction score
Hi everyone,

I saw this working platform with those strange wheels who seem to make a 45 deg. angle with the surface.

does anyone have some info (links, pics names) for this technology???? its very unusual and i like to contact the manufacturer

tnx in advance

Cambered wheels like this have a tendency to turn quickly with little input due to the mechanics of the forces transmitted.

They're on a scissor lift so I'd look around at skyjack's or other's websites.

Cambered wheels like this have a tendency to turn quickly with little input due to the mechanics of the forces transmitted.
They're on a scissor lift so I'd look around at skyjack's or other's websites.
That or the last guy to use the lift was just [SIZE=14pt]really[/SIZE] fat....

I did some research and cambered wheels like this behave like much larger diameter wheels that are perpendicular to the contact surface. They're useful for climbing stairs or other obstructions.

Hi everyone,
I saw this working platform with those strange wheels who seem to make a 45 deg. angle with the surface.

does anyone have some info (links, pics names) for this technology???? its very unusual and i like to contact the manufacturer

tnx in advance
you will also see these wheels on creeper dollies that mechanics use under cars. you have the benifit of moving smoother with a larger wheel, but the height reduction needed to get under things. I don't know if any of you have worked under cars or in this case, planes, every inch can count.

you will also see these wheels on creeper dollies that mechanics use under cars. you have the benifit of moving smoother with a larger wheel, but the height reduction needed to get under things. I don't know if any of you have worked under cars or in this case, planes, every inch can count.
Really? I haven't ever seen these wheels on a creeper in all the time I did automotive work, even the higher dollar ones.

Really? I haven't ever seen these wheels on a creeper in all the time I did automotive work, even the higher dollar ones.
I'm guessing the cambered wheels are limited to the "low end" ones - because I have one, too, and I sure didn't spend many dollars on it.

Back