Wating time for a new application

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mech engineer

Reaction score
Guys,

I sent my application to NJ board, and for well over a month they claim they did not receive the paperwork that was surely sent to them many weeks ago. They keep saying that they have a pile of paperwork to process and the missing documents probably just sit somewhere. :17: Is it normal, in your opinion? Should I complainf to someone or sit back and let the things slide? Please share your experience :eek:ld-025:

Similar thing happened with my application in GA. I sent it in and it took well over a month to for them to acknowledge they had received it. Someone I knew sent theirs in the same time as mine and got a response back the next week. Seems to be pretty hit or miss on the response time, but I was sweating it b/c they didn't acknowledge receipt of my application until a few days before the deadline to submit. :(

WA is wonderful, they process your application the day it arrives in their office...

The WA DOL gets a big thumbs up from me. Always polite and courteous when answering my stupid questions.

I actually hand delivered my application. I did this to 1) ensure the right department actually got it and 2) it was 3 days before the deadline and didn't want to trust the postal system.

Even after hand delivering it (and receiving a time stamped receipt), it still took about 3 weeks for the website to be updated to indicate they had received it. It took another 2-3 weeks for the actual review to occur. Unfortunately they discounted my experience by enough to postpone my exam from October 07 to April 08. It worked out well for me since they added the construction depth in April and that's the one I passed!!

Guys,
I sent my application to NJ board, and for well over a month they claim they did not receive the paperwork that was surely sent to them many weeks ago. They keep saying that they have a pile of paperwork to process and the missing documents probably just sit somewhere. :17: Is it normal, in your opinion? Should I complainf to someone or sit back and let the things slide? Please share your experience :eek:ld-025:
This is the board office you're talking about? Who would you complain to?

This is the board office you're talking about? Who would you complain to?
I don't know. There is always someone to complain to, I guess... Even if you want to complain about Bush there is someone to complain to - his wife. :eyebrows: But honestly I've no clue who would be the whip holder in this situation.

In NC

For the April 08 Test the board said they did not receive 3 of my recommendations including one from my current boss, which I watched the secretary mail.

Then for the OCT 08 test, the recommendations were sent certified and it took over 3 weeks from receipt since I knew when they got it. Finally got my postcard in the mail for completeness.

Sent mine registered mail, so I know when they got it. In Colorado your reference seals the info in envelop & you send it all together. The only separate info comes from licensing from other states, for the intern for me.

I sent my application in the first week of July and just got an email this morning from the Board saying I was approved and that the paperwork and scheduling information is in the mail. Right at 1 month for me in Iowa.

As I rule I always send these important documents through corriers like Fedex / DHL who you know have a track record of delivery plus it comes with a tracking number. You must always act in your best interest. On the other hand there must be some mechanism at the board for you to get recourse. GOOD LUCK !!

Wow! You people sure are paranoid!

I sent mine in (to Montana) via USPS mail and didn't even think twice about tracking or getting a delivery confirmation. Much to my surprise, I got a letter back from them acknowledging receipt within a few days of them receiving it. I wasn't expecting a confirmation so that was a pleasant surprise.

In Montana, the references send in the forms directly to the board. I provided each reference with a stamped envelope and let them mail it in, and once everything was received by the board, I got a second letter back acknowleding my application was complete.

Finally, after the board meeting, I got a third letter from them saying that my application was approved and I am now permitted to take the exam in October! I hopefully (in December or January) will receive my fourth letter from the board saying that I have passed the exam.

My Colorado application took 3 months and 5 days before I received a postive response. I wouldn't count on anything running perfectly ... I've had to reschedule my exam to April as a result of the snail's pace to review my application.... :brickwall:

My Colorado application took 3 months and 5 days before I received a postive response. I wouldn't count on anything running perfectly ... I've had to reschedule my exam to April as a result of the snail's pace to review my application.... :brickwall:
Both me and a buddy found out on late in August as to whether we could sit for the October exam. I still needed more experience so I had to sit for April anyways, but my friend who was accepted ultimately ended up waiting for April just because he hadn't started studying yet either.

Back