WASHINGTON STATE - RESULTS

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mikecivil

Reaction score
I just called the Washington Board for Prof. Engineers and they said that ELSES will e-mail the results by the end of this week.

Last edited by a moderator:
I passed. My email was sent at 05:21 this morning.

The Wash State web site hasn't been updated yet.

Oops I was so excited that I havent noticed that post for WA state already exists.

Finally Got it!!! I PASSED the P.E. Exam (Civil: Water / Enviro Depth). I nailed this exam in the first attempt. WOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!! :party-smiley-048: :party-smiley-048:

Thanks to everyone and to engineerboards.com for all the helpful tips.

Here in TX still waiting.....by the way how u did in thermal/fluid?Was you sure to get it through?

CONGRATS!!!!!!!!!!!!
The Thermal Fluid afternoon was pretty difficult for me, I didn't finish it early, and had to guess on probably 8 questions. Plus you just get worn out in the afternoon and you are ready to quit, but you brain just doesn't work as fast.

But I felt like I got about a 35+ on the morning. I finished it early and was only 3 that I truly guessed on.

I took a review class and it prepared me well for the morning along with the NCEES Sample Test.

For the afternoon, reviewing my Thermo Text from College is what I think saved me, that and finally really knowing how to use a Psychometric Chart correctly. I do Pumps/piping for a living so that stuff is pretty easy for me.

By the way I BOMBED the Lindeburg Sample Test the weekend before the real thing, it was good to work the problems, but it took me at least 5 hours to work each section and even then I only got like 50%. But it did make me FREAK OUT and subsequently I caught a cold, maybe not connected but who knows. I don't recommend this method. If anything take the NCEES Sample Test the week prior. Take the Lindeburg one like a month prior if you want to.

Just got my results. Passed. First try. Thanks to everyone for the help over those three or four months of exam studying.

Congratulations everyone! :multiplespotting:

I do Pumps/piping for a living so that stuff is pretty easy for me.
Hey, what kind of pumps & piping do you do? I work for a consulting firm doing water/wastewater design, including pumps and piping, so I'm curious.

I passed Machine Design Depth, first time. This engineering board was very helpful with exam tips. Now that I am done with it, I can give my perspective of what worked:

1. Absolutely Essential Items : Lindeberg MERM, NCEES Sample Problems, Good Thermo Text, Good Fluids Text, Good Mechanics of Materials Text, Shigley.

2. Nice to haves : Six Minute Solutions for Thermo & Fluids, and Machine Design, Lindeberg Sample Problems.

3. Nice to have exam day: Machinery Handbook

4. Absolutely Unnecessary: Lindeberg Sample Exam (Totally Demoralizing, and impossible to gage your progress), Exam Cafe (Complete Waste of Money).

I will contribute to this board in the future, I can give one piece of solid advice. Do lots of problems. I did every problem in the six minute solutions book, and half the problems in the Lindeberg Sample Problems Book.

Congrats to everyone passing! WA-PE is right in what he is saying is necessary and un-necessary. I haven't gotten my results yet but I feel that the CERM (MERM in his case) was fantastic. The Lindberg practice exam was EXTREMELY tough, nothing like the actual exam.

I passed Machine Design Depth, first time. This engineering board was very helpful with exam tips. Now that I am done with it, I can give my perspective of what worked:
1. Absolutely Essential Items : Lindeberg MERM, NCEES Sample Problems, Good Thermo Text, Good Fluids Text, Good Mechanics of Materials Text, Shigley.

2. Nice to haves : Six Minute Solutions for Thermo & Fluids, and Machine Design, Lindeberg Sample Problems.

3. Nice to have exam day: Machinery Handbook

4. Absolutely Unnecessary: Lindeberg Sample Exam (Totally Demoralizing, and impossible to gage your progress), Exam Cafe (Complete Waste of Money).

I will contribute to this board in the future, I can give one piece of solid advice. Do lots of problems. I did every problem in the six minute solutions book, and half the problems in the Lindeberg Sample Problems Book.
Good advice here and my thoughts exactly!

Back