Washington is out!!!!

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yeah, while what I asked about was the wall certificate I got the impression that the license numbers wouldn't be much ahead of the wall certificates being mailed. Unless I'm missing something, it doesn't appear they have added a single new license since October 29 (no licenses via exam or comity). 
Yep.  The last number was 58202.  So glad I'm not the only one who's annoyed with the wait...

Yep.  The last number was 58202.  So glad I'm not the only one who's annoyed with the wait...
I broke down and emailed the liscensing board about a timeline of when I could expect the license number to be issued.... and they said 3 more weeks!!

This is just crazy. 

Screenshot_20191227-085850_myMail.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
I broke down and emailed the liscensing board about a timeline of when I could expect the license number to be issued.... and they said 3 more weeks!!

This is just crazy. 

View attachment 15681
Ughhhhhhhhhhhhhhh.  One of the longest waits for exam results and seemingly the longest wait for licensing in years.  **** this cursed exam cycle.

Thank you for getting in touch with them and reporting back!

Ughhhhhhhhhhhhhhh.  One of the longest waits for exam results and seemingly the longest wait for licensing in years.  **** this cursed exam cycle.

Thank you for getting in touch with them and reporting back!
Ditto. I have to assume it has something to do with the switch to a new online platform since they haven't issued a single license since the end of October-and transferred platforms in November. 

Just a reminder to log in and check that your name is correct on the new platform as mine had only my first name and middle initial somehow despite all my application files and correspondence having my correct full name. 

Do you guys know how to order the Stamp and register for Electronic version so that we can stamp the PDF directly. 
There are several stamp companies that will supply you with an electronic stamp. Usually you just supply them with your state’s stamp specifications, your name (as it appears on the licensing database), and your license #.

I finally broke down and called to ask about number assignments.  I got the same "3 weeks" answer that was given 4 days ago (grrr).  I politely explained that "I know it's not going to change anything or make it any quicker, but a lot of us are waiting for license numbers before we can get promotions or raises, so this is costing each of us hundreds of dollars in potential earnings each week, which is particularly unfortunate around the holidays."  I was then told that it always takes them this long to issue numbers for 700 people, but I looked back through the EB boards for the last 5-6 cycles, and numbers were previously issued within the first 1-2 weeks, so I 100% call bull on that, but they were very insistent that it ALWAYS takes this long.  It's so incredibly frustrating.  Anyway, I thought I'd share the "latest" info.  Sorry, guys...

Thanks for the update! Its already been almost 3 weeks since they released results so this may breach the blanketed "4 weeks" statement if they are still saying 3 weeks. That is a lot of folks to license though i'll give them that.

Thanks for the update! Its already been almost 3 weeks since they released results so this may breach the blanketed "4 weeks" statement if they are still saying 3 weeks. That is a lot of folks to license though i'll give them that.
It's hard to say if they meant 3 weeks from the results date or 3 weeks from now.  Between my phone conversation and the email that was posted here a few days ago, I kinda took it as 3 weeks from now :(  

It'd be nice if they started licensing people at all if it's going to take three weeks....since they haven't added a single new license since the end of October. I still think this must have something to do with the switch to the new platform and if my name being wrong in the system is any indication I'm guessing there have been some major issues with getting things moved over. 

It's hard to say if they meant 3 weeks from the results date or 3 weeks from now.  Between my phone conversation and the email that was posted here a few days ago, I kinda took it as 3 weeks from now :(  
This wait is crazy to me! I think they are just telling people 3 weeks as an arbitrary answer, hoping that we will leave them alone for just a little longer. 

This wait is quite frustrating. The new salary revision started in my firm and I do not have any proof of my result. 

On a side note, is there a place we know how many PEs are licensed each year statewide for each discipline. 

Thanks

Hopefully this is the week!! This may have already been asked earlier but i'm going to throw it out there anyway, do they assign all of the license #'s first and then begin the releasing? I thought they released them as they became available. 

Hopefully this is the week!! This may have already been asked earlier but i'm going to throw it out there anyway, do they assign all of the license #'s first and then begin the releasing? I thought they released them as they became available. 
It's seemed in the past that all numbers were released on the same day. Although they have obviously moved to a new system. The old system seemed to only update one time per day. It seems as though this one might be constantly updating.

FYI in 2017 I found out I passed On December 4th, and was able to look up my license number on December 11th.

FYI in 2017 I found out I passed On December 4th, and was able to look up my license number on December 11th.
Ugh, I'm still so bitter about the guy on the phone telling me over and over that it's "always" taken them this long to assign numbers.

This is really maddening!

It's seemed in the past that all numbers were released on the same day. Although they have obviously moved to a new system. The old system seemed to only update one time per day. It seems as though this one might be constantly updating.

10-4. Did the state send you an email once they had assigned the license # or did you have to just go to the website and track it down?

A week turnaround that's awesome! We will be all of 4 weeks this administration its looking like.

10-4. Did the state send you an email once they had assigned the license # or did you have to just go to the website and track it down?

A week turnaround that's awesome! We will be all of 4 weeks this administration its looking like.
No, I didn't receive an email. Just kept my eyes open on the license lookup site. I received a letter about a week after that in the mail from the Department of Licensing. 

I truly can't believe that they haven't put all of you in the system yet. I wish they were just honest with you about what is going on over there...

Ugh, I'm still so bitter about the guy on the phone telling me over and over that it's "always" taken them this long to assign numbers.

This is really maddening!
That is madness. I received my # 8 days after passing.

I’m sorry you are all being subject to this wait :(  I can’t wait until I look back here and see you all have your licenses, though! :)

Back