Was your PE score listed on your letter?

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

What did you score on your PE exam?

• 95-100

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 90-94

• 85-89

• 80-84

• 75-79

• 70-74

• 65-69

• 60-64

• 55-59

• 50-54

• 40-49

• 30-39

• 0-29

• Not reported

• Total voters
Hey tmc...i was able to read some of your posts..when you took the exam. you said that you had at least the six minute solutions with you along with the ncees solutions. In other words you had some solution books with you (I am glad that you were allowed to have them). Either I may have misinterpreted the rules or you have cheated.
So, to act like a genius may not be fair even if , let's say you scored 100/100. What about taking different depth exams? How would you be able to compare that?

No offence, just a thought.
Dude, have you ever taken the exam???? The proctors walk around for the entire time - if you have anything that is not allowed, they take it from you. They even check your calculators DURING the exam. Anyway, to infer that someone cheated is bull****.

Mike, I think some states allow you to take those books. Our NV board does NOT allow us to do so.
Different states have different rules. VA specifically allows you to staple materials together and considers them bound, for instance. Also, sample exams are allowed in VA, at least when I took the test they were. I didn't even try to bring my NCEES sample test in for the morning, but I saw other people had them with their references, so asked for the afternoon and they said it was OK. I only referred to it once the whole test, and it didn't really help. Sample and example problems in reference manuals and textbooks are always OK, AFAIK.

FYI, when the proctors are looking for calculators or other contraband after the exam has started, they are not going to kick you out, they're going to record what you brought, let you bust your ass for 8 hours, and THEN invalidate your exam and/or decide some sort of punishment.

Hey tmc...i was able to read some of your posts..when you took the exam. you said that you had at least the six minute solutions with you along with the ncees solutions. In other words you had some solution books with you (I am glad that you were allowed to have them).  Either I may have misinterpreted the rules or you have cheated.
So, to act like a genius may not be fair even if , let's say you scored 100/100. What about taking different depth exams? How would you be able to compare that?

Dude, have you ever taken the exam???? The proctors walk around for the entire time - if you have anything that is not allowed, they take it from you. They even check your calculators DURING the exam. Anyway, to infer that someone cheated is bull****.
Thank you.

^ That's what I did. Read a chapter on a particular topic, wrote down important concepts and equations, copied key tables out of a book, and put it in a 3-ring binder.
Excellent advice. I did that too. Really helps (and helps you to remember those things, study and know where to find it again).

:thumbsup:

I wouldn't mind seeing my score from the exam. It would be incredibly satisfying for me to see an 80+ score, because I feel that that's how well I did. Of course, for those of us who studied our butts off, there's little reward compared to those who squeeked by. I wouldn't want anything official, just something to know how well I did for confidence reasons.

So back to the question: Can you inquire about your score through ELSES?

Thanks,

McEngr

Last edited by a moderator:
Hey tmc...i was able to read some of your posts..when you took the exam. you said that you had at least the six minute solutions with you along with the ncees solutions. In other words you had some solution books with you (I am glad that you were allowed to have them).  Either I may have misinterpreted the rules or you have cheated.

Thank you.
You're welcome. I took and passed the EE-Power exam this October, so that post struck a nerve. :thumbsup:

Yes, it was addressed correctly. (A long delay in the reply. Oh, well.)

Pretty much anything not specifically prohibited by NCEES is permitted here.

I tried to follow the example of a guy in my former office, and make a 3-ring with examples, equations, etc. It didn't work for me. My AISC, ACI, and other references are so thoroughly tabbed that it looks like a parade - which made finding things very easy. I tabbed the pages early in the year, so I was familiar with what was where by the second exam. I found it easiest to use my everyday references to answer questions as I would on the job.

I kind of wish I didn't know my score, since I didn't ace the thing. A pass is a pass... reminds me about this:

What do you call someone who graduates last in medical school?

Doctor.

Congratulations to anyone got over 85%. It must be extremely difficult. I used all 8 hours on the exam and I answered about 78 out of 80 questions with a lot of confidence and by excluding 2 or 3 wrong answers for each one. On the other 2 questions which I had no idea I just choose C. I got my Virginia results with 83%.

I guess 30/40 AM and 37/40 PM. I feel thought a little dissapointed. Maybe it would be better not to receive scores at all and be left with the impression that I did my best. Anyway all it matters is :pass

I think the only great passing grades are 70 or 100. 70 means that you are one of the more efficient engineers out there, since you studied just enough, and 100 just means that you are definitely different, most likely in a bad way though.

Catatonic,

Glad to see you passed your PE. I also took the Electrical-Power portion. I knew for sure that I had passed, but when I received my letter, I FAILED . What a punch in the gut after a solid 3 months of study time. At this point I will gladly take a 70 in April and feel the same as if I got a 100%! :D

Back