was the exam "easy"?

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

svg

Reaction score
Needless to say I have taken the PE exam before. Though I would like to believe that I have learnt from my past mistakes and now understand the concepts better - however, did any of you feel that the April 2010 exam was "easier" comparatively? especially the afternoon geotechnical?

If so and if everyone did well, is there a possibility of "raising the cut-off score"??

Was the exam easy? Yes, but I had one of these

easy-button.jpg

I don't know if this time was easier, the first time took the test in geos , I struggle with the problems really hard because I was not well prepared so, I failed. Then I decided to take the depth in construction (1 year ago) big mistake the references killed me eventhough I felt really well prepared in about a 70% of the concepts in construction.

I couldn't go last year in October (personal situation) So, I focus again in geos about 90% of my study was in this field, eventhough I felt pretty well prepared this time, I was shocked with a few questions. I think that they can be more straightforward with the questions instead of go with not very easy questions to be understood. I can said in general was ok, but I still have to dig more in concepts and also in similar type of soils definitions.

The waiting time is killing specially when you walk out of the room with some answears bothering you. But I only hope I use my geotechnical judgment in a more prudent way than the last time I took this depth!

Good luck to all.

I think the construction was tougher this time, had stuff that I had not seen before, but I do believe I was able to work through them. The plus side was I got another free pencil.

I think the construction was tougher this time, had stuff that I had not seen before, but I do believe I was able to work through them. The plus side was I got another free pencil.
ugh! and to think I would have thought of getting a free pencil!? - I would have had two so far :)

I don't know if this time was easier, the first time took the test in geos , I struggle with the problems really hard because I was not well prepared so, I failed. Then I decided to take the depth in construction (1 year ago) big mistake the references killed me eventhough I felt really well prepared in about a 70% of the concepts in construction.I couldn't go last year in October (personal situation) So, I focus again in geos about 90% of my study was in this field, eventhough I felt pretty well prepared this time, I was shocked with a few questions. I think that they can be more straightforward with the questions instead of go with not very easy questions to be understood. I can said in general was ok, but I still have to dig more in concepts and also in similar type of soils definitions.

The waiting time is killing specially when you walk out of the room with some answears bothering you. But I only hope I use my geotechnical judgment in a more prudent way than the last time I took this depth!

Good luck to all.
I agree. I first time I took it, I felt like digging a hole and burying myself. I took Geo "all times" I took the test. The first time, I could hardly understand the questions - lest alone try to figure out how to work through them. and of course, I did not have to wait till the results line said "FAIL" in HUGE Caps (and you would think the board might be a bit gentle about saying that I failed)

Needless to say I have taken the PE exam before. Though I would like to believe that I have learnt from my past mistakes and now understand the concepts better - however, did any of you feel that the April 2010 exam was "easier" comparatively? especially the afternoon geotechnical?
If so and if everyone did well, is there a possibility of "raising the cut-off score"??
A few of my ppz said they felt it was easy.... so, the question remains - will they raise the score? I think I did pretty well, but like someone posted on another thread, I am going through the "second phase" after taking the test

Latest posts

Back