Wall Certificate

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Just got my Washington State certificate (October '13 exam). Washington is also an odd size - 10.5 x 13... diplomaframe.com has some pretty cool options for customization and embossing of the state seal into the mat. They also will customize the size of the opening in the mat to fit non-standard certificate sizes.

How do you get a wall certificate in Illinois, I got my PE in Indiana and then got an endorsement in Illinois and need a wall certificate in Illinois, but no one from the board will return my calls.

How do you get a wall certificate in Illinois, I got my PE in Indiana and then got an endorsement in Illinois and need a wall certificate in Illinois, but no one from the board will return my calls.
I was just recently licensed in IL through comity with my NCEES record. I don't recall how long it took but I eventually received a certificate from their board. I was more concerned with my IL license number so I could order my seal. The number was available fairly quick and accessible online.

They also have an area where you can email them a question. They were more responsive over email than I expected.

Last edited by a moderator:
get ready to pay for an IL wall certificate. Last time I inquired it was about $20 for them to send a fancy wall cert. I just put my license in a pretty frame and call it a day.

get ready to pay for an IL wall certificate. Last time I inquired it was about $20 for them to send a fancy wall cert. I just put my license in a pretty frame and call it a day.
I think the standard one was part of the fee you pay to be licensed ($100?). Because I didn't pay any extra and this small certificate (3x5 maybe?) showed up. So I got a small frame for it. LOL

The small cert 3x5 and the pocket are the license and part of the fee. If you want a fancy wall mountable certificate that says when you passed the test and doesn't expire it is more $. The local civil prof group has a ceremony/reception after the results are released and for an ungodly amount of money they will give you a stamp, the fancy wall cert and something else. But by the time I got the invite I had already bought the stamp on my own and I didn't need two and the price was crazy stupid.

In Tennessee your official license is 8.5" X 5.5" certificate and the state mails it to you every 2 years after you pay your fees. But TSPE (TN NSPE) makes a tabloid size wall certificate for new PEs that they give out at a luncheon or brunch twice a year.
@MWC PE  Did you go to this to get yours?  Do you have to go to get it?

Thanks,

brip

Wow, I can't believe that New York isn't trying to nickel-n-dime by charging more for the wall cert.  I am still waiting for mine, but the ones I've seen on the walls of co-workers is quite nice  - not as nice as my CISSP certification (where they not only frame it, but embed it in a wooden plak and clear-coat it). but pretty good.

Back