VIRGINIA - RESULTS

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Recent ASCE's monthly newsletter mentioned that the SE is currently recognized / designated as a separate category only in 12 states, and a discussion is underway to extend it to all states. IF it is true, many engineers who passed the PE Exam might get another chance to visit Lynchburg, not by choice but as a requirement.

I also wish that the GE category / designation be introduced in all the remaining states. I know its not going to happen in Next Decade or so. Eventually, it has to happen. The only question that is not answered yet is "when?"

I liked the landscape of the Lynchburg area.

When I went there for the first time, I crossed the Blueridge Mountain, and later found an easy access via Roanoke. As I reached there for the first time, I prayed for not going back there in night / early morning hours.

But, the route via Roanoke is really pleasant, safe, and simple. I relied too much on Google Earth. The trouble that I had, particulary, second time was to carry the tons of books to the exam room (almost half a kilometer and lift the items to 4-5 storey equivalent ups and downs). In that sense, I liked the Exam Center in Columbus, OH. Parking lot was just outside the building.

Yes, I remember the flight of stairs I had to climb with my rolling duffy bag full of books. Since it was my first time taking the test I used this bag for it's size to hold a lot of books but also small enough to store easily. Now I now I can basically wheel in a bookshelf full of books. I didn't realize you could strap four milk crates to a hand truck for the test. If I fail I will return with every book I own and can borrow. I will also make notes in 3 ring binders to take as well.

Still waiting for Mrs. XXXXXX to email me that DROP has received the results from Ncees. I guess at this point we will be luck if the DPOR starts updating the licensure look-up next week. She had said earlier it take them 2-3 days to add the names then mail the letters out. So I guess as usual we won't know anything until the first full week of the New Year. :smileyballs:

Jarey

Still waiting for Mrs. XXXXXX to email me that DROP has received the results from Ncees. I guess at this point we will be luck if the DPOR starts updating the licensure look-up next week. She had said earlier it take them 2-3 days to add the names then mail the letters out. So I guess as usual we won't know anything until the first full week of the New Year. :smileyballs:
Jarey
Isn't Virginia one of the EES states? So does NCEES send the results to VA or to EES who then sends them to VA? If so, you guys are in the same boat with PA and PR. You have to wait on EES to process them and send them to VA. Hang in there!

Jarey

I am just as anxious as you Jarey. I look forward to reading the email that says the results have been posted. How do you feel about the exam anyway.

VA is not an EES state. DPOR says they receive the result usually during last week of December.

How do I feel about the exam? I feel I might have passed, knowing some of the problems and elimianating some answers by deduction, increasing my statisical chances. However, if I pass I,m not sure I deserve it. If I fail, I now have a better understanding of what to study for the next time. I will not quit trying.

VA is not an EES state. DPOR says they receive the result usually during last week of December.
How do I feel about the exam? I feel I might have passed, knowing some of the problems and elimianating some answers by deduction, increasing my statisical chances. However, if I pass I,m not sure I deserve it. If I fail, I now have a better understanding of what to study for the next time. I will not quit trying.
If you passed, you deserve it. Period.

If you did not, then you will recieve a diagnostic that will help you evaluate whenre to focus for the next round. As a three time testee, I am speaking from experience. Either way, we hope you will stick around here to help the next round of test takers, or get help/motivation to make your next attempt successful.

Yeah, ^^ what FLBuff said, except I took PE 4 times. Hang around. Good luck.

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks FLBuff and Merry Mary, I appreciate the support.

Merry Christmas everyone, enjoy the holidays and maybe we will notice some activity next week on the DPOR website. I have been checking my name and also checking license number 45186, I believe this is the next official number for PE's.

Jarey

Merry Christmas everyone, enjoy the holidays and maybe we will notice some activity next week on the DPOR website. I have been checking my name and also checking license number 45186, I believe this is the next official number for PE's.
Jarey
Merry Christmas! Thanks for starting the post about VA and thanks also for letting us know what the license number is. I had been using 04020457* to search but I think we are doing the same thing except my search generates a whole series of numbers - when I enter 04020456* 11 records come up (4 were coming up last week). These 7 new records are all comity applications that have been approved (most are out of state). So, we'll see what happens next week! Best wishes to all fellow VA test takers.

I hope I have the right number (45186). I started searching license numbers one day and noticed 45185 was the highest number I found. However, there are some lower numbers which do have matches either, but usually within a few numbers I get another match. I tried about 20 number consecutively from 45186 and had no matches. Then I tried a few random number 30 to 100 higher still no matches.

Enjoy the ham and meatballs!!!! :popcorn:

Either they have added some names or I missed them last week, I found a match for 45262 so the number is obviously higher

45640 and still searching...I need to get a life.... :leghump:

I've checked DPOR's website several times today and nothing is there - Jarey, have you received an email from DPOR yet? Someone also posted this question outside of the VA column. Just curious - hope everyone had a Merry Christmas!

This is taking forever..........

They weren't this slow taking my money.

Not to mention, that Virginia gave their state employees last Wed, Thur, and Fri off.

AND this Wed, Thur, and Fri. off. I guess we shouldn't expect results until next Week.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back