VIRGINIA - RESULTS

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The worst part for me about waiting is not knowing if I need to start studying for October.

I still think they have them and are just being slow... Which is surprising because they have always been fairly prompt when compared to other states. Ugh...

I agree that the waiting sucks - what bugs me is the questions from co-workers. Hello? If I pass, do you seriously think I won't be screaming it from the rooftops! Why would I just keep it a secret and not let anyone know? Ugh...

Oh well - at least no studying for the October exam for me if I don't pass. I'm due with our second at the end of August and there is no way that I am going to sit for that exam with a 9 week old at home :p Taking the exam at 5 months prego was enough of an adventure for me for one year...

Everytime I think about having to study I feel sick. I want to be done with this. Actually I think not having to study anymore is more important to me than the PE itself. :true:

Hey my wife gave birth to ours last September and from our experience that first nine weeks is rough. Too bad that it didn't fall in the 3 to 5 month time for you. That was when ours was the calmest and it allowed me to get a lot of studying done. Now she is 8 months old, mobile, and running none stop from sunrise to sunset. I couldn't study now if my life depended on it. I was going to start working on my second Masters but I have decided to hold off for a while till things calm down (or I just get more used to it).

Everytime I think about having to study I feel sick. I want to be done with this. Actually I think not having to study anymore is more important to me than the PE itself. :true:
I agree 100%

By the way has anyone harassed DPOR or EES today? I called once this morning. Someone call and see what the answer is this afternoon.

Here is a funny story. On my way home yesterday I was driving past my mailbox as usual without much concern because my wife checks it and had already told me that nothing came. However, I was passing it and noticed a white envelope laying on the ground. Now, I had no expectation of receiving results since from all the discussions this week I am sure that it will be at least next week before my results come. When I stopped and opened my door to pick up the envelope I noticed a plain white envelope addressed to me with a return address from Richmond, VA (the capital where the board resides). My heart jumped and I immediately began to tear the letter open. To my great suprise, the Capital One credit card company also is from Richmond. So now I am going to have find someone who works for Capital One and severly injure them. :suicide:

Last edited:
Broke down and called EES today. I finally got through to someone reasonable there that was willing to be straight with me. She said that EES had received all grades from NCEES and had mailed out all results to their client states. Now the ball is in the court of DPOR. DPOR, however, are still singing the same on song and dance. I talked to them also and the response was exactly, "Sir, I believe they told you at the exam that the results would take 12 weeks. That is the middle of July and that is when you should expect them." Once again I hung up with the desire to slap someone. Do they really think we have not noticed that everyone else is getting results? I suppose they are just doing their job but **** I would like to see them before this weekend. Either way beer is in order!!!!!!!! <_<

That is get news about EES, if the lady that told you is telling the truth! Can't be too long now! :thumbsup:

These guys kill me at EES. Why so many different stories?

I just called there today (maybe 2 hrs ago) and they told me something very different.

The said they would, (and I quote) "hopefully have the results out to the states within 2 weeks."

Why the games?

I understand that these folks are not obligated to fully disclose anything to us lowly examinees. I do.

But, why the flat out lying? It's almost comical. It's a totally different story that I get from these folks every single time I call.

I hope you're right about this one anyway.

Well - for the October 2005 exam, they updated the website on a Friday. So - I'm just hoping they follow that trend again this time...

I don't know why they have to be so vague when you call - I had some issues registering for the test this time, and they were nothing but nice on the phone when I called. Why they have to get all defensive and non-helpful now is beyond me....

Oh well - just our luck it will be next Friday, not this one :blink:

I am by no means defending them since I believe a policy of transparent honesty would have saved them some grief, but put yourself in their shoes. They go through this every six months. Over time they have just become desensatized to it all. They know if they say the results are in the office the next thing will be people hounding them for the results over the phone. Also, if they say they have them and sent them out then you have every person with longer than normal mail delivery times calling and wanting to know where their letter is. I can sympathize with the need to just toss out the usual statement and let it be. :whatever:

Last edited:
I just called about a half an hour ago - 1:30 PM EST and they said they expect to mail out the results late this week or early next week. I questioned the person that answered that end of this week is Friday and its tomorrow, She said that all the information they had.

I also questioned her, usually they post those who pass on their website prior to mailing out, and she said they would mail out first this time. This is someone with DPOR - Very reliable; I have no reason to question them.

It takes two days to receive anything from Richmond - I am surprised that they would not post the results as they mail them out.

Anyhow that is the lates info I have; The repeat percent pass for repeat takers- Civil (that is who I am , second try) = 35% so I am hoping am one of them and not part of the other 65% - Perhaps these pass rates do not apply to Virginia yet, maybe someone can clarify that.

Thanks

I did not catch her name; but when you call you press 3 and someone with DPOR answers - and there is not way you would have gotten the mail - She said they would mail them out the end of the week or beg. of next week and they have not mailed anything out - so either they intend on sending out letters tomorrow (FRIDAY = End of Week) or sometime between Monday - Friday of next week June 26 - 30.

That is all I have , please add input as information is available, THANK YOU ALL.

So hear is the deal with calling DPOR. Anyone answering the phones is simply being updated as needed by those who are taking care of the results. No matter what has been said in previous posts it could still easily be another week.

I called and instead of jumping right into the results question I quized on other issues such as certification letters, process for applying for a second exam, and how to check results using the website (which I already knew). This allowed for open communication with two seperate individuals. They are basically telling people about what they are hearing and being told. They hope to get the results out this week or next but no one knows for sure because again it is only what they are being told by those behind the scenes. Neither individual had even heard whether or not the results were actually in the office. This means they could be coming now or not at all till who knows.

From my past conversations with the board prior to the exam I got the impression that exam results are mailed from board member to board member (there are three for architects, land surveyors, and engineers) and the sent to the office to be dissiminated. The board members don't work in Richmond and therefore have to mail things to one another. I sincerely hope they come tomorrow but I might have to tap into my lucky six pack just to make it through another week. Hopefully all good things come to those who wait.

Back