Virgina test taking approval

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

civil78

Reaction score
Weird question- just wondering if anyone has a clue about the answer. I had to switch from AZ to VA due to the switch in out of state proctoring exemptions (makes me even more angry to have missed last time by a hair!).. and am waiting on VA to hear if I have approval to take the test. They told me 6-8 weeks- does anyone know if that is accurate? I want to ramp up my studying but am relunctant to do so if they are going to have me hold off because of something stupid...

This is fairly accurate...each member of the board has to approve your application.

Weird question- just wondering if anyone has a clue about the answer. I had to switch from AZ to VA due to the switch in out of state proctoring exemptions (makes me even more angry to have missed last time by a hair!).. and am waiting on VA to hear if I have approval to take the test.
What does that mean? Where do you live?

Last edited by a moderator:
Weird question- just wondering if anyone has a clue about the answer. I had to switch from AZ to VA due to the switch in out of state proctoring exemptions (makes me even more angry to have missed last time by a hair!).. and am waiting on VA to hear if I have approval to take the test.
What does that mean? Where do you live?
My husband is military- they used to grant military spouses exemptions to be proctored in the state in which their husband was stationed.. no longer. My husband is stationed in NC- but they don't recognized my AZ EIT without a ton of additional paperwork- so I applied to take it in VA (where I proctored last April when I took it for the first time- as an AZ test taker). Complicated- but hopefully this will; be my second and final attempt at this monstrosity.

Thanks for the info on time waiting- applications were due by Dec 18th- so I am hoping to hear by the end of January- sound reasonable?

Was a ton of paperwork in VA also...I have a KY EIT..had to do degree verification and verification of the FE score from the KY Board...

Nope...got a 67...awaiting results from October as we speak...

67 pts or 67%.. with 67 pts you should have been an absolute shoe in- I missed the deadline to get my paperwork in for the Oct exam by a couple of days- they didn't announce the change in the proctoring rules until it was too late to change states. They told me to fly back to AZ to take the Oct exam (with two kids and a deployed husband that was definitely going to happen).... I was actually registered for it and studying when they "disapproved" my proctoring request and said that all military spouses would not be getting the military out of state exemption from this point on. Lucky me-

Good luck on your Oct results- did you take the transpo pm (based on your username) or the construction?

Back