Vegas.....

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Wow, who do you know that can afford VIP table bottle service at Omnia?  Not my scene at all, but I hear that stuff's really expensive.
The startup company that put on the "conference". Remind me why I'm in structural engineering again??

You should pull their website up and look at the VIP table section - most you can’t even sign up for directly - you tell them how many males / FEMALES / AGES / etc and then they call you back if they are interested - we looked into it for a group and it stated at $2000 for a “back table” lol -

We definitely got four the $5000 ones, not to mention the cost of the additional alcohol! It was nuts. 

I checked out the Omnia website.  Electronic dance music is not my style.  I did see on the FAQ the vip table pricing is a beverage credit to be used throughout the night.  However $5k buys a lot of drinks even at crazy prices.

Maybe that's how we got the dozen magnums of Dom Perignon! But I do know they had to buy more alcohol at one point... I saw some people who worked for the company putting the event on taking a while to sign some receipts, and then more alcohol appeared (we'd run out).

The only other time I've had bottle service kind of like that was for my husband's thirtieth birthday, but it was here in SF at a much smaller, less intense club. I think it was like $1k total?

But it was the same deal, you paid that much and got three types of alcohol and three mixers also when I did it. This one at Vegas was for two types of alcohol (we had Grey Goose and Herradura Silver) and at least three mixers.

Haha I'm impressed by this level of googling! To be sure, I would never do something like this if I was paying for it myself. It was purely luck that this company felt like throwing an excellent party for all of us, with the help of the club!

Kinda like $8-$10 draft bud lights at ball games, how can these prices be “justified?

Frickin crazy.

My wife still bitches about the $800 we spent on the Cabana at Caesars last time! We split it with another couple and it was worth every penny!  No stumbling over the peasants fighting for pool chairs, the pool waitress comes to you!

My wife still bitches about the $800 we spent on the Cabana at Caesars last time! We split it with another couple and it was worth every penny!  No stumbling over the peasants fighting for pool chairs, the pool waitress comes to you!
So I gather she wouldn’t go for a $2200 bottle of champagne.

The prices are SUPER inflated, obviously! Even the bottles of the regular alcohol are. Guess this company is either doing really well, or about to go down in a ball of fire!

@mudpuppy  - What's a good place to eat near MGM? 
Within MGM Grand itself, Craftsteak is really good (but the most expensive meal I've ever had, ~$350 for two people).  Joel Robuchon is supposed to be great, but it's fancy french food for $400+/person.  Emeril's New Orleans Fish House is also really good and reasonably priced--good enough that we've been there twice (service was hit-or-miss though).  Wolfgang Puck's at MGM Grand is also really good for less-fancy dining (best club sandwich I've ever had.)  We thought about Morimoto, but from the reviews it sounded like the sushi isn't worth the price.  There's also Mexican and Italian restaurants there but I don't know much about them. Stay away from the buffet--it is not good.

Outside of MGM Grand, we liked Chin Chin for sushi at NYNY across the street.  I think you guys might like Nine Fine Irishmen at NYNY too, but I haven't tried it.  Robert Irvine's Public House at Tropicana is supposed to be good too, but there's really no other reason to go to Tropicana because it's dead.  There's a few decent spots in the Park (in between NYNY and Park MGM)--we've been to Sake Rok a couple times and the sushi was pretty good. They have a DJ/show in the evenings that's supposed to be fun.

I don't know how the cabanas at Caesars work, but if you get one at MGM Grand it includes food/drink.  So if you pay $200 for a daybed, the first $200 for food/drink is included (though you still have to pay tax and tip).

Back