Vacation question?

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
My experience marrying a South American lady is that money basically flows by osmosis (higher concentration to lower concentration). Therefore it goes from North to South, unless she comes from a wealthier family. I suspect it will be two weeks of me paying for most everything for everyone. Plus I just got done sending them money to remodel their bathroom, and we’re bringing about three suitcases full of gifts, which everyone expects, and everyone wants something or other "Made in the USA ". It’s okay, I’m happy to do it for my wife.
Mrs. Benbo is one lucky lady.

DisneyWorld.
Gas from Tennessee to Orlando ~ 1400miles (round trip), 25mpg, $2.50/gal = $140

5 day adult ticket $222 x 2 = $444

5 day child ticket $187 x 3 = $561

Radisson Hotel Orlando, $67 night on hotels.com x 6 nights = $402

= $1547

The difference should cover tax, parking, but food might put you a little over. I would cut one day off if necessary.
Does the Skywarp Travel Agency have any bookings to Hawaii? Impressive, and useful!

nice work skywarp!

if the kids are real little, you might want to consider staying on property, which makes midday naps more feasible plus there are other perks like early starts and the electric boats and fireworks

disney deals

I'm thinking food may be a bit more expensive though.

My experience marrying a South American lady is that money basically flows by osmosis (higher concentration to lower concentration).
Doesn't take a South American family to have the osmosis thing going.

My old man is out of work on disability and my Mom works in retail (my first paycheck was more than she was making after 15 years there), so there's no free weekend with ma and pa anymore. The pizza they might normally spring for is on me, if I want beer I'll bring along a 12 pack, etc. Just little stuff now.

When he's back on his feet they want to fix the place up and sell it. I have a feeling I'll just happen to show up with a couple gallons of paint, etc. assuming we still live within driving distance (1-2 years tops) or send them a gift card to Lowe's or something if not.

They've got an old dog that I've already said I'd help with big medical expenses if she ever got real ill.

Fun stuff!

Does the Skywarp Travel Agency have any bookings to Hawaii? Impressive, and useful!
I think right now if you're flexible on dates you can get a great vacation relatively cheap to pretty much anywhere. IIRC, I've seen R/T tickets from NYC to Sydney for under $1K, NYC to Paris for under $500, and a lot of great LAX to Fiji/Australia/New Zealand fares. I've been looking into Mexico, airfare has been low (American Airlines :brickwall: ) and the hotels seem to be discounting thanks to swine flu fears. I'm not worried about it, but I haven't had much luck convincing others.

Latest posts

Back