VA Results

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Has anyone received a letter with FE exam results? I was told that they were to be sent out last Friday, but nothing in the mail today. I know it doesn't take6 days to get from Richmond to Lynchburg. I could have walked there and picked it up and gotten home faster than this.

Has anyone received a letter with FE exam results? I was told that they were to be sent out last Friday, but nothing in the mail today. I know it doesn't take6 days to get from Richmond to Lynchburg. I could have walked there and picked it up and gotten home faster than this.
5 people at my company took the FE test and 4 have received the letter (they're in VA Beach area). The one hasn't got the lelter lives in Williamsburg. I think the closer you live to Richmond, the longest you have to wait....Good luck.

Did all the ones that received a letter pass the exam? I am trying to figure out if failing letters take longer to get to you?

Did all the ones that received a letter pass the exam? I am trying to figure out if failing letters take longer to get to you?
As far as I know, three that fail recieved letter very early this week (like Monday). The one, who passed, just inform today that she passed, so I assuming she found out yesterday.

I still have not received my letter. Is anyone else still waiting? I did get the wall certificate though which is odd.
same here, certificate is in but still no letter.
Do you guys really care?
I think the major importance of the letter is that the letter includes the actual license to practice as a PE. I know what you were getting at with the fact that their name is listed on the state website but obviously having that paper license is very important.
Thank you TBSS. Atleast somebody got the air of what I meant. Now I see that the letter is important and you should really care :) .
FYI: Learned yesterday by calling DPOR that I passed the PE, but they did NOT receive my VA Regulations. I was able to talk with someone on the phone that took my info, emailed me the VA Reg exam again, I sent it back to her via email and she told me my license should be posted on the website sometime this week. The moral of the story is that if you haven't received a letter stating you did not pass and your name is not on the DPOR License Look-Up, call the board. It was a good day!
Same here. Thanks for the information I called DPOR yesterday and came to know that I passed the PE but they did NOT receive my VA Regulations. They emailed me the VA Reg exam and I sent it back via email. They emailed me back with my VA PE license # but per them I sould be able to see my name today. Nothing Yet. Did you found your name on the DPOR License Look-Up?

Thanks to every body for all helpful posting here.!!!!!

Last edited by a moderator:
Ugh, I'm still waiting for confirmation that I didn't pass and I need to sign up for a review class.

Granted I'm out of state, but when I called today I was informed via voice mail that the DPOR offices are closed today (Friday) in observance of Lee-Jackson Day as well as Monday in observance of Martin Luther King Jr. Day.

Really Virginia??? I don't even get MLK Day and you get 2 on separate days?

I still have not received my letter. Is anyone else still waiting? I did get the wall certificate though which is odd.
same here, certificate is in but still no letter.
Do you guys really care?
I think the major importance of the letter is that the letter includes the actual license to practice as a PE. I know what you were getting at with the fact that their name is listed on the state website but obviously having that paper license is very important.
Thank you TBSS. Atleast somebody got the air of what I meant. Now I see that the letter is important and you should really care :) .
FYI: Learned yesterday by calling DPOR that I passed the PE, but they did NOT receive my VA Regulations. I was able to talk with someone on the phone that took my info, emailed me the VA Reg exam again, I sent it back to her via email and she told me my license should be posted on the website sometime this week. The moral of the story is that if you haven't received a letter stating you did not pass and your name is not on the DPOR License Look-Up, call the board. It was a good day!
Same here. Thanks for the information I called DPOR yesterday and came to know that I passed the PE but they did NOT receive my VA Regulations. They emailed me the VA Reg exam and I sent it back via email. They emailed me back with my VA PE license # but per them I sould be able to see my name today. Nothing Yet. Did you found your name on the DPOR License Look-Up?

Thanks to every body for all helpful posting here.!!!!!
I haven't found my name yet. I called again yesterday and the License Speciallist told me that my record was locked because they didn't receive the VA Regulation exam before the PE exam. Our records were flagged and more coplicated than all the other PE's that did the Reg poriton correctly or did not pass. She said her Supervisor was swamped and hadn't unlocked my record yet. Short answer, I'm a PE, but no one can verify it on the web yet. Recommend patience.

This time was weird...I got my wall certificate, 3 days later I got a letter stating congrats you passed and your wall certificate will be in the mail within 30 days.

It said 88%, which would be 70/80 if the score was raw. Accordingly, a 70%, assuming that is the pass/fail cut off, would be 56/80 raw score, which I believe is higher than the actual cut off.
So if the cut off is around 50 (different for each afternoon section or PE exam) then instead of having missed 10, I probably really missed 11 or 12 and my scaled score of 88% is truly a raw score than is slightly lower around 85%

This is how I am interpreting the scores unless someone has a better idea.
Did the letter say 88% or just 88. What depth module did you write?

Well, I just had my husband read me the letter over the phone. Sure enough, I failed.
I got a 69. Minimum passing was 70.

Good thing I'm in a nice padded cubicle right now.... SIGH.
Hi Qwistin,

Could you please post your diagnostic report? Which depth module did u take? Thanks.

Has there been anyone that has passed the FE and received a letter, that has not finished their degree?

I am still waiting, but was told all results were mailed out on Jan 8th. A turtle could have delivered from Richmond by now.

I was told by someone that they called DPOR and was told that their results were sent to degree verification. I would guess that would only happen if they passed.

Is anyone else experiencing the same thing? Have any "within 12 months of grad" people recieve pass or fail letters?

I am going crazy here. Even CA is getting results in the mail....

Has there been anyone that has passed the FE and received a letter, that has not finished their degree?I am still waiting, but was told all results were mailed out on Jan 8th. A turtle could have delivered from Richmond by now.

I was told by someone that they called DPOR and was told that their results were sent to degree verification. I would guess that would only happen if they passed.

Is anyone else experiencing the same thing? Have any "within 12 months of grad" people recieve pass or fail letters?

I am going crazy here. Even CA is getting results in the mail....

my co-worker is still waiting for the letter, he finished his degree last August.

That helps my theory. Your co-worker did not have their degree before the application deadline for the Oct. exam. A degree verification would need to be performed, which may be holding up the process.

Did anyone find out what the score is out of? I received a 98 and a co-worker is convinced it's not a percentage.

Did anyone find out what the score is out of? I received a 98 and a co-worker is convinced it's not a percentage.
:respect: 98, congrats! Who really care if it's scaled or raw, that's a great score. That's certainly the highest I have ever seen anyone report.

Back