VA Results

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Oh I'm absolutely taking it again. It's just a Murphy's Law kind of situation with me. ARGH, I say! ARGH!!!
I'm still waiting for my "try again" letter. If I miss it by 1-point I will be mad. There were topics in the civil geotech portion that people told me were not covered on the exam, so I didn't bring my notebooks and sure enough they were and I didn't have the formula...

I don't know what would be better though, failing miserably and really having to study or it just being a few points and knowing what to look for next time. I think I would prefer to barely fail, it would make me feel like I was at least close.

I took the LEED exam last year and passed with the minimum score... maybe failing the PE is some type of exam karma. I would have prefered to be a PE over a LEED AP any day of the week though.

Last edited by a moderator:
I did not pass. I get 69 too ...I know I did few stuiped mistakes such as forget to add a number or squer the other ...I get to take it again ...I know I can do that ...Good luck to all of you who did not make it and cong to our new PE's ...

Oh I'm absolutely taking it again. It's just a Murphy's Law kind of situation with me. ARGH, I say! ARGH!!!
I'm still waiting for my "try again" letter. If I miss it by 1-point I will be mad. There were topics in the civil geotech portion that people told me were not covered on the exam, so I didn't bring my notebooks and sure enough they were and I didn't have the formula...

I don't know what would be better though, failing miserably and really having to study or it just being a few points and knowing what to look for next time. I think I would prefer to barely fail, it would make me feel like I was at least close.

I took the LEED exam last year and passed with the minimum score... maybe failing the PE is some type of exam karma. I would have prefered to be a PE over a LEED AP any day of the week though.
To everyone who passed....Congratulations!

To those that haven't seen a letter or found your name on the Va DPOR web site, give them a call. My exam on VA Regulations was not received and they held my license. I found out after calling them.

Last edited by a moderator:
FYI - got my letter today and I am out of state (PA). I guess I can stop checking online every morning to make sure my name is still there...

I still have not received my letter. Is anyone else still waiting? I did get the wall certificate though which is odd.

I didnt mean anything bad. Its just that since you already have the wall certificate that says that u r now a P.E., the letter is kind of redundant isn't it. Anyways sorry, never meant anything bad. You guys will have the letter by tomorrow.

I still have not received my letter. Is anyone else still waiting? I did get the wall certificate though which is odd.
I got the letter on Monday. No wall certificate yet but the letter said it could take 30 days.

I didnt mean anything bad. Its just that since you already have the wall certificate that says that u r now a P.E., the letter is kind of redundant isn't it. Anyways sorry, never meant anything bad. You guys will have the letter by tomorrow.

The letter has my license in it which is supposed to be displayed, so yes I care.

same here, certificate is in but still no letter.
Do you guys really care?
I think the major importance of the letter is that the letter includes the actual license to practice as a PE. I know what you were getting at with the fact that their name is listed on the state website but obviously having that paper license is very important.

Do you guys really care?
I think the major importance of the letter is that the letter includes the actual license to practice as a PE. I know what you were getting at with the fact that their name is listed on the state website but obviously having that paper license is very important.
Thank you TBSS. Atleast somebody got the air of what I meant. Now I see that the letter is important and you should really care :) .

Im also interested in my score...at least I believe you get a score when you pass...got one last time for failing so Im just assuming...

Do you guys really care?
Thank you TBSS. Atleast somebody got the air of what I meant. Now I see that the letter is important and you should really care :) .
FYI: Learned yesterday by calling DPOR that I passed the PE, but they did NOT receive my VA Regulations. I was able to talk with someone on the phone that took my info, emailed me the VA Reg exam again, I sent it back to her via email and she told me my license should be posted on the website sometime this week. The moral of the story is that if you haven't received a letter stating you did not pass and your name is not on the DPOR License Look-Up, call the board. It was a good day!

I finally received my letter and license today. When I got home my wife had everything in a frames and waiting for me, life is great. :bananapowerslide:

We made this thread to 7 pages! :party-smiley-048:

I finally received my letter and license today. When I got home my wife had everything in a frames and waiting for me, life is great. :bananapowerslide:
:beerchug: That's great! Glad you got your letter. I got my wall certificate today. Now we just need to get soem frames.

Isn't it wonderful when your wife realizes how much something means to you? Great news...

Well, I just had my husband read me the letter over the phone. Sure enough, I failed.
I got a 69. Minimum passing was 70.

Good thing I'm in a nice padded cubicle right now.... SIGH.

I got my letter yesterday and got a 68 percent so I can relate to you, how frustrating!!! I guess we should both feel pretty confident in April that we can pass this stupid test!!!

Back