Up at 2:30am typing one-handed...

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
so what were the stats on the cute little spud?      
Good question.  She was bigger than her bros.  She was 8lb 4oz.  On Monday's follow-up visit she weighed 7lb 10oz which is "within spec".  She was 19.88in long.  She was born with an impressive second chin, plump cheeks, and some good thigh creases.  Her brothers were skinny when they were born and later plumped up.  With Emily, I get to enjoy some nice chubs right out of the gate.  :)  

Congrats!! Cute kid!!

Getting any sleep?
I do shift one which is from about 10pm'ish to 2-4am'ish.  I feed here milk that Mrs ptatohed pumps during the day.  Then I go to bed around +/-3am'ish and Mrs. p takes over.  But honestly, Emily sleeps like 22 hours per day so there isn't a whole lot of work involved.  The hardest part is getting up to take Kevin to school every day.  I try to sneak in a mid-day nap when I can. 

I hope you have effective means for keeping the boys at bay, cause she's a cutie.  Many congrats.  Beautiful family all. 
I made it clear to her the day she was born that she is not dating until she is 35 and those will be chaperoned dates. 

And if your wife is like mine, she will want you to post pictures of her that aren't just after labor.  :D
I was smart to obtain Mrs p's permission before posting those.  So, they are Mrs. p - approved.  Out of the dozens of photos I took of her in the hospital, two photos got the approved stamp. 

Last edited by a moderator:
Good question.  She was bigger than her bros.  She was 8lb 4oz.  On Monday's follow-up visit she weighed 7lb 10oz which is "within spec".  She was 19.88in long.  She was born with an impressive second chin, plump cheeks, and some good thigh creases.  Her brothers were skinny when they were born and later plumped up.  With Emily, I get to enjoy some nice chubs right out of the gate.  :)  
mine were both like your boys, super skinny when born.  although they waited until they were walking to put weight on.  both were less than 20 lbs on their first bday.  

I can see the pictures better on the desktop now... the brothers seem to be proud of their little sister... little do they know that she is going to wrap them around her fingers and make them her puppets  :)

I can see the pictures better on the desktop now... the brothers seem to be proud of their little sister... little do they know that she is going to wrap them around her fingers and make them her puppets  :)
SOOOOO true!  snickette has minisnick wrapped around her fingers like a beautifully crafted marionette...and it happened the first time they met!  

Back