**** united airlines at it again!

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
If I was the United CEO I would just ban pets, animals, etc. better to take some overall grief than deal with these reoccurring issues..

But at least the dog wasn't sent to South Korea - then it would be in Gen Tso's Chicken  ;)

Truly an unfortunate circumstance, but like RG I don't understand the need for bring a pet along.  The article indicates that the bag did not fit beneath the seat and was a tripping hazard so the flight attendant told her that it needed to go in the overhead.  It also sounds like the flight attendant didn't listen or pay attention that the bag contained a live animal and instead treated it like a just a "get your bag stowed so we can take-off" thing.  That being said one article claimed that the dog was barking during take-off and then became quiet but the passenger was paying attention to her two young children and never checked on the dog until after they landed....3-1/2 hours later... when she found the dog dead.  You'd think that someone would have checked on the poor dog as soon as they could if they cared at all.  Sounds like this passenger had more than they could handle between the kids and the dog and the perfect storm ended sadly.  Unfortunately, preventable s&^t like this happens.
I know.  I don't understand how no one checked on that poor dog when it was barking.  

I know.  I don't understand how no one checked on that poor dog when it was barking.  
Then there's the language barrier thrown into the equation.  11yo daughter has been doing all the talking to the press (except for the Spanish channel) because mama is not very fluent in English. 

They're backpedaling now saying they couldn't check on the dog at all because mama was holding the infant and there was turbulence on the flight.

Last edited by a moderator:
5ae782f4030c3949caebfc6c4137ecf4.jpg

Back