TX results out!

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Do other states post passing grades? Buddies in California were surprised it showed I got an 84% as well as passing.

Will NCEES simply show a "pass" once it posts?

Texas is one of the few states (maybe the only one?) that posts passing grades. Which is good because I'm glad to know what my passing margin was.

Passed. Chemical - 91%. Congrats to all who passed, and for those who didn't keep your heads up and kill it on the next go round.

@Cheme2013.

- I used the CERM manual the most, especially for steam tables, heat transfer, Thermo, combustion, fluids, etc

- Crane 410 for fluids is also very helpful

- Fogler textbook for reactions/kinetics (still had it from college four years ago)

- NCEES practice exam was still very helpful

- Perrys is good for misc. information if nothing else. I hadn't ever used it before I started studying but it is a wealth of information that can help answer some obscure questions (helped me on a couple).

- Wankat for distillation/mass transfer

I had one other textbook that was beneficial but I cannot recall the name of it. It was a "Basic Principles of Elementary Chemical Processes" type title and was also very helpful.

Honestly, doing practice problems similar in difficulty and structure to the NCEES practice exam would be my best recommendation. The PPI problems are way more difficult than what you would see on the exam.

I also work for an EPC design and construction firm, so I have had a lot of industry exposure and performed a lot of design calculations for fluids, distillation, heat transfer, process control, etc. in a short amount of time. That definitely helped the studying and being able to rely on intuition on a lot of problems.

I also passed PE Chemical but my state apparently doesn't post passing scores. I worked problems from six minute solutions, the chemical engineering practice problems from PPI and the NCEES practice exam. I took PPI's review class. It was helpful to keep a structured study schedule. I wish they posted passing scores in my state as I would really like to know. But, passing is passing so I'm not going to complain.

Regarding what I used for references:

Chemical.

Used often:

1. Perry's 8th edition

2. Steam tables by Keenan & Keyes

3. CHERM by Lindeberg

4. Lindeberg engineering conversions

Used a couple of times:

5. Review course slides

6. Oxford dictionary of chemical engineering.

Didn't use at all:

7. Heat and mass balances by Incropera

8. ASME steam tables SI units

9. FE Reference Manual

The dictionary wasn't that helpful but I did find definitions/equations needed for at least 1 or 2 questions.

As someone indicated earlier, I similarly wanted to be sure I wasn't sorry for not bringing a needed reference.

Texas is one of the few states (maybe the only one?) that posts passing grades. Which is good because I'm glad to know what my passing margin was.

Why? Does it mean someone who got an 80 is more "minimally competent" than someone who scored 70? I don't think it's the type exam you can use to differentiate above the passing score - you're either minimally competent or you're not.

I almost had a heart attack when the forum said Texas Results are in, and my heart was beating so fast when I went to the site that I forgot to put the captcha, then it said passed! Was thinking that I would have to wait till next month till I stumbled back onto this site earlier this week again, and I couldn't sleep last night, but it was all worth it, just want to say thanks for all the postings, it's always good to have people on the same boat

Why? Does it mean someone who got an 80 is more "minimally competent" than someone who scored 70? I don't think it's the type exam you can use to differentiate above the passing score - you're either minimally competent or you're not.

Couldn't agree more. Which is why I said that I'm glad to know. As in, I personally, Dubbs, am glad to know what I scored, and that has no bearing on the competence of anyone else who may have passed with a higher or lower score. Nothing more, nothing less.

Couldn't agree more. Which is why I said that I'm glad to know. As in, I personally, Dubbs, am glad to know what I scored, and that has no bearing on the competence of anyone else who may have passed with a higher or lower score. Nothing more, nothing less.

OK. No worries. It's reminds me of that old joke about med school - What do they call the guy who is last in his class? Doctor.....

CONGRATULATIONS to ALL that passed!! See link on HOME PAGE, visit ENGINEERSEALS.COM or call us at 972-709-0791

TO ORDER YOUR STAMP OR SEAL TODAY!!

MOST ORDERS SHIP SAME DAY if ordered before noon.

• GREAT SERVICE
  • AWESOME PRICES
  • ALL PRODUCTS GUARANTEED
  • IN BUSINESS SINCE 1978

I am very depressed today. It sucks that I will have to sit for oct 2015 PE.

Back