TX-PE results?

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Passed! 87!

Not bad for an acoustician taking the HVAC exam. I'm glad I passed because I've already forgotten most of the HVAC information I crammed into my brain the month before the exam.

Aren't they NOT supposed to post the actual scores? I thought NCEES only published pass/fail.

Texas Board actually gives the passing grade? Man... I wish Florida did that.

Mine was a 75. I can't believe it. I really really REALLY thought I failed.

O passed!
91!

Holy cow! You REALLY passed. :)

I really wish in events like this (a clear pass or a clear fail) they should send out results right away.

Congrats to everyone who passed. :)

Ekd, congratulation for passing the PE exam. How do you feel right after the exam and you feel that you will score around xx/80 for the PE exam? Thanks!!

Last edited by a moderator:

Ekd, congratulation for passing the PE exam. How do you feel right after the exam and you feel you score around xx/80 for the PE exam?
I felt like it was going to be really close. I bombed the first half. Maybe got half of them right and guessed (not even educated guesses, I ran out of time) for like 10 of them. And there were several more that I just grabbed a formula I thought MIGHT be right and just tried it. So those were sort of guesses too. I knew I'd have to really kick ass on the 2nd half to have a chance. And I DID kick ass on the second half. Didn't know the answers to 5, but felt like I had correct answers on the rest.

Ekd, congratulation for passing the PE exam. How do you feel right after the exam and you feel you score around xx/80 for the PE exam?
I felt like it was going to be really close. I bombed the first half. Maybe got half of them right and guessed (not even educated guesses, I ran out of time) for like 10 of them. And there were several more that I just grabbed a formula I thought MIGHT be right and just tried it. So those were sort of guesses too. I knew I'd have to really kick ass on the 2nd half to have a chance. And I DID kick ass on the second half. Didn't know the answers to 5, but felt like I had correct answers on the rest.

Thanks. I have the similar situation but the way around it. The morning I think it was ok. I guess (not acutally is random guess but I actually try it with some formulas and choose my close answer) 7 unsure in the morning and 11 unsure in the afternoon. I hope that I can pass this time...by the way I am going to know my result the end of Jan, 2010....I took in CA.

Last edited by a moderator:

Thanks. I have the similar situation but the way around it. The morning I think it was ok. I guess (not acutally is random guess but I actually try it with some formulas and choose my close answer) 7 unsure in the morning and 11 unsure in the afternoon. I hope that I can pass this time...by the way I am going to know my result the end of Jan, 2010....I took in CA.

Good luck to you.

Congratulations to those that passed. The mechanical grades are promising as that is what I took with MD in the afternoon. I also felt better about the afternoon so it is just a waiting game now.

Thanks. I have the similar situation but the way around it. The morning I think it was ok. I guess (not actually is random guess but I actually try it with some formulas and choose my close answer) 7 unsure in the morning and 11 unsure in the afternoon. I hope that I can pass this time...by the way I am going to know my result the end of Jan, 2010....I took in CA.
I know how you feel I got a 68 last spring in Mechanical. I started studying that same day but you have plenty of time so wait until after the holidays.

Good luck to you.

Back