Turbines

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Calixico

Reaction score
The NCEES Outline talk about Pumps and its analysis, but no references to Turbines. I'll be taking W.R. depth, has anyone ever seen any of these problems on an exam- a.m or p.m?

I just want to cut down on topics that is not likely to show up on the exam..

The NCEES Outline talk about Pumps and its analysis, but no references to Turbines. I'll be taking W.R. depth, has anyone ever seen any of these problems on an exam- a.m or p.m?
I just want to cut down on topics that is not likely to show up on the exam..

I have no idea what the W.R. depth is. I'm a mechanical dude. but IMO if you know Pumps, then you shouldn't having any problems with turbines. They are very similar. Pumps add energy to fluids and turbines remove it. So the formulas will be the same.

You'll only have a problem if you're using the plug-n-chug method, which I highly discourage.

If you plan to take the time to really learn pumps, then go ahead and do some turbine problems just so you're used to the concepts. Plus it may give you a greater understanding of pumps and how different processes work in either direction.

Back