Transpo Oct 2014

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm literally sick to my stomach. I've been studying for months for this....I'm really having second thoughts on Transpo right now....the drainage went from 25% to 2 problems, Eng Econ to 1 ...problem.

Ugh .... NCEES does realize people start studying for this thing before the date of the previous test, right?
Can you imagine the confusion for everyone if the old and new specification were out at the same time? It looks like they wait until the old one is no longer valid (last Friday) before they publish the new one.
I agree Mike, that would be quite chaotic. However I wonder, do you think the NCEES notifies any of the authors of the major reference / practice materials. It would seem to me that this would be necessary prior to releasing the new exam material. Otherwise it would also add the to mass confusion with limited reference materials available.

I sent out emails to all my traffic consultants yesterday, not one firm (and these are larger firms) owns this Highway Safety Manual.

Anyway, I've taken a deep breath, I got the Mansour book in the mail yesterday. It's broken down perfectly for the old exam ... not the new. This weekend I'm going to cross-reference the outlines, and figure out where the overlaps are, and where the new material is.

Last edited by a moderator:
I just sent an email to School of PE to see if their Spring 2015 class will be realigned to the new outline. I wonder what the other companies are doing.

Edit:

From EET website:

(EET will follow new NCEES guideline for Spring 2015 review)
http://www.eet-california.com/

SofPE is pretty much all morning though, right?

I don't know that the morning has changed all that much, has it?

SoPE is mostly morning with a short class for the afternoon.

I think the morning has changed a bit. When I compared the old and the new, there were some topics that were gone, some that were added, and a bunch of rearranging of topics.

Really .... **** ... well I'm going to try to figure out the changes this weekend for the Transpo side

Well a co-worker just walked in and dropped this Highway Safety Manual on my desk :Locolaugh:

Now I just gotta figure out what is important in here.

I need to relook again I guess....I've spent so much time on the afternoon I never really paid a lot of attention to the nuances of the morning.

The more I look at this, I think a lot of the material is the same, it is just reorganized. But here is what I'm coming up with as new for the morning:

Construction means and methods

Columns

Retaining walls

Traffic volumes

The entire Site Development section

The Transportation in the morning has really been stripped down, which almost doesn't seem fair.

What I am seeing in the afternoon:

Crash Modification Factors

I think I did pretty well in the morning but the afternoon was average to say the least.

I think I am sitting at 55-65 correct! Could be wrong but won't know it until I get the results or even after I get the results; if I pass!!!!

I heard some construction depth guys complain about the afternoon being a bit tougher as well.

In the mean time, I am tired of leaving feedbacks for everybody and their mother, NCEES, PCS, SofPE. Jeez, how many feedbacks do I have to leave before I get the results!

I think I did pretty well in the morning but the afternoon was average to say the least.

I think I am sitting at 55-65 correct! Could be wrong but won't know it until I get the results or even after I get the results; if I pass!!!!

I heard some construction depth guys complain about the afternoon being a bit tougher as well.

In the mean time, I am tired of leaving feedbacks for everybody and their mother, NCEES, PCS, SofPE. Jeez, how many feedbacks do I have to leave before I get the results!
In NJ, you wait for the PCS. don't bother calling them. They either have no information, will tell you that the results are scheduled to be released in the 12 week time frame, or as the results begin to be released nationwide, they will come up with all kinds of estimations as to when they will be done validating.

My suggestion is to head over to the http://engineerboards.com/index.php?showforum=8 and have some fun. Don't forget to donate either.

I thought the exam was pretty challenging, although more so in the afternoon.

For scale, I got 75 out of 80 on the 2011 NCEES Sample Questions correct, but I'm guessing I'm sitting between 50-60 correct on the actual Exam.

Just to come full circle:

I ended up passing the exam, although I'm pretty sure the words "just barely" were typed really small after my green pass bubble. It was a tough test and I remember sitting there half way into the PM Session thinking that no one should feel ashamed to fail that thing (provided you've really prepared as best you could).

Good luck future test takers!

I made it!!! My guestimate was about 32 correct plus a few more for educated guesses in the AM and 25 correct plus a few more for educated guesses in the PM. I guess I was at 57+ but I will never know the exact score and I am fine with it!!!

Hello.

I did not pass Go or receive a 'Get Outta Jail Free" Card nor even do a drive-by of Boardwalk.....

With my FAIL, that is what I got...FAIL.

Geez, if you pass, does NCEES provide an actual 'number score' ?

My understanding is PASS or FAIL. Could be, I am missing something, since I have NEVER passed !

~sigh~

Hello.

I did not pass Go or receive a 'Get Outta Jail Free" Card nor even do a drive-by of Boardwalk.....

With my FAIL, that is what I got...FAIL.

Geez, if you pass, does NCEES provide an actual 'number score' ?

My understanding is PASS or FAIL. Could be, I am missing something, since I have NEVER passed !

~sigh~
No number score is given if you pass.

Back