Trailblazer SS

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
For an MDX? Man I feel like I got ripped off now.

For the Chevy SS, AWD, Silver, Tow Package, if you haul a trailer the air shocks leveling the system out is great. Also the 3M film I had installed was worth every penny.

BTW, my boss, (our Principle) has an 2006 MDX, and maybe he got a lemon, but he has constant electrical problems/issues. But it also has every doo-dad in existence for what its worth.

I was told by a tech friend of mine to avoid the inline engine at all costs and the vehicle's front end can be problematic but nothing that new parts can't fix, similar to the Ford full size pickup truck problems of years past.

^^ the inline engine is the 6 cylinder. The SS comes with the 6.0L Vette LS2 V8.

So get this, the dealership WOULD NOT SELL ME THE SS. I wanted it, they wouldn't sell it.

I couldn't believe it, then a buddy of mine that sells at another dealership explained why.

He showed how the SS was $43k brand new. It was an 07 lease turn in with 37,000 miles on it. He said that the buy out at the end of the lease was $24,500. The retail on NADA for that vehicle is $22k, so the dealership was already upside down, and they did not want to take a loss, so they sent it back to GMAC leasing for them to take a loss.

Sucks for me.

I was told by a tech friend of mine to avoid the inline engine at all costs and the vehicle's front end can be problematic but nothing that new parts can't fix, similar to the Ford full size pickup truck problems of years past.
V8 > I6. And I haven't heard a thing wrong with the I6 engines or trucks. What specifically is the problem?

I know the I-5 (Colorado/Canyon) had head gasket issues, but I thought they'd been resolved. I haven't heard anything bad about the I-6.

That sux, DV. 22.5 would have been a good deal on such a capable vehicle.

Last edited by a moderator:
V8 > I6. And I haven't heard a thing wrong with the I6 engines or trucks. What specifically is the problem?

I don't know about the engine, but I had test drove a 06 standard Trailblazer and it handled and drove horribly. So I agree with the assessment of the front end issues. There was lots of shake and indeterminate steering.

The SS is way better with the Bilstein Shocks.

So get this, the dealership WOULD NOT SELL ME THE SS. I wanted it, they wouldn't sell it.
I couldn't believe it, then a buddy of mine that sells at another dealership explained why.

He showed how the SS was $43k brand new. It was an 07 lease turn in with 37,000 miles on it. He said that the buy out at the end of the lease was $24,500. The retail on NADA for that vehicle is $22k, so the dealership was already upside down, and they did not want to take a loss, so they sent it back to GMAC leasing for them to take a loss.

Sucks for me.
Whats funny is that GMAC will sell the vehicle in an auction, some used car dealer will buy it for 18-20K, then list it for prob NADA ~+$1000. The dealer's forcing a bigger hit on it than if he just took the small loss right off - and face it, for that type of vehicle, a hit would have to be taken somewhere along the line.

I can't say, I only had a few moments to talk with him since his boss was breathing down his neck. I figure all the GM people are sweating right now.

Perhaps the SS package doesn't have the issues.

I can't say, I only had a few moments to talk with him since his boss was breathing down his neck. I figure all the GM people are sweating right now.
Perhaps the SS package doesn't have the issues.

The SS version does not have the issue, because it comes equipped with a 395 hp 6.0L LS2 V-8.

I currently have a V8 Trailblazer EXT, the front end issues is that the front axle's actually go through the freakin' oil pan. It's weird as hell.

But for an SUV, it handles well, and my 5.3L V8 puts out 305HP and will run like a scolded dog. I also have the 4 oversized disc brakes and trailer/towing package.

I haven't towed anything for over a year now, but the SS will still have that capability when I make that jump. Of course, I found a Jeep Grand Cherokee SRT-8 that now has my attention. 425HP HEMI !!!!!!

We'll see how it unfolds.

what i wanna know is when the hell did f'n FIAT become a world automotive player?!

I believe the modern hemi is nothing more than a conventional pent-roof cylinder head with the trademark™ Hemi™ attached.

The new hemi is actually a canted valve design like the big block Chevy and Ford Cleveland.

Latest posts

Back