Things you do to at work to get/stay healthy?

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
X2. Granted, my reaction/taste to certain foods and drinks has been different since my radiation, but I can't remember a single time, even dating back to my childhood, where I have actually sprinkled salt on food.

The only thing that I salt is a baked potato that I just opened up. The Mrs. salts while she is cooking and that's plenty for me. My dad, on the other hand, makes me sick salting stuff. I think he would salt a block of salt before he ate it.

The only thing that I salt is a baked potato that I just opened up. The Mrs. salts while she is cooking and that's plenty for me. My dad, on the other hand, makes me sick salting stuff. I think he would salt a block of salt before he ate it.

A lot of people salt food as a matter of course. They will salt canned green beans (which are already salted) just as much as fresh or frozen green beans, which are not.

Family history of high blood pressure = no extra salt for me.

Blood pressure essentially killed my grandpa. There were surgical options that could have helped him but his blood pressure was too high for surgery.

He had put salt and tabasco (which is also full of salt) on every meal I had ever seen him eat.

So learning from him, I use a little extra black pepper instead of salt and pepper. Then I substitute red pepper for tabasco.

Go to the gym during lunchOnly drink water/coffee

Pack my own food from home

Avoid the endless supply of sweets that are brought in
Nice. I do the same.
As do I (except the coffee part). Lunch workout is lifting weights (3 days/week) and dynamic stretching (2 days/week). My cardio is training for an October marathon. That and I run regularly all year anyways.

For myself, none of the above. Pretty much an unhealthy week at work. A few years ago I was on a kick with riding my bike to work, but between project meetings, child at daycare, more meetings, the occaisional side work in the evening.... that kick just ended.

Back