~~**-- The Weather Thread --**~~

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Damn, be safe.

Looks like they're now expecting it to be a hurricane by land fall:

093138W5_NL_sm.gif

We must be on the periphery of the storm path - some rain expected today and tomorrow, but clear by the weekend.

My wife's house is right on the edge.  There's tropical storm warnings for the counties adjacent to hers to the south and the east.  We're flying down there tomorrow to check on the work contractors are doing to try to get it sold and closed next week.  Hoping like hell it doesn't sustain any damage.

talked to my folks, they are in Dunedin, FL (north of Tampa) seems like they will miss the brunt of it. There main complaint is that  they keep having to pump the water out of their pool..

talked to my folks, they are in Dunedin, FL (north of Tampa) seems like they will miss the brunt of it. There main complaint is that  they keep having to pump the water out of their pool..
First world problem.

I thought it was cool they named a hurricane after her(even though the movies suck- the Halloween costumes are +1)

d5140c9db046e5c665a01fe96cbcc0e0.jpg

Talked to my friend in Panama City Beach. The hurricane was uneventful. They had very little rain and wind...plus their satellite TV never went out. We didn't get much of anything east of orlando. Just some bands rolling through now with a little wind and rain.

The eye of the hurricane hit land about 30 miles east of us. We had no damage or cleanup. The power is on and everything is good in Carrabelle, but in Ga we had to clean yards for 3 hours with no power all day Friday. This is an old pic, but I filled this trailer 10 times yesterday on a 1/2 acre lot.
6221a8f9f02fdef1962b7b0703d09575.jpg

I guess it was sunnier out than I gave credit for yesterday.  When I came in from mowing the lawn and fixing the fence, my back and shoulders were roasted.

Matthew....for those on the east coast: Start thinking about what you are going to do, and become prepared. Don't wait until last minute. Having gone through Rita and Ike, I can tell you most deaths happen after the storm during clean up. Remember to do things safely and think things through.

It's better to be prepared and the prep not be needed, than to not be prepared and caught in a bad situation.

I'm keeping a close eye on this. It's still not clear how Southern New England will be affected.

Back