~~**-- The Weather Thread --**~~

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Here is my week. Don't let the low temperatures fool you. It gets into the mid 110's for heat indexes. 

image.jpeg

stupid weather this weekend.  trees downed powerlines, lightening induced house fires...total chaos saturday night. Lost power for over 7hrs.  Finally got to use the generator though...I just filled the freezer earlier that day.  

I lost my entire freezer/refrigerator contents 3 times last year, with 3 typhoons causing power outtages that went for multiple days (multiple weeks/months for one of them)

Upstairs AC not blowing as cold as it should.  Suspect there's a leak in one of the lines.  Under warranty for another 5 years, so calling them today.

Upstairs AC not blowing as cold as it should.  Suspect there's a leak in one of the lines.  Under warranty for another 5 years, so calling them today.
Shit warrantee probably only covers equipment and not labor.

I haven't run the AC since we moved out here last June. There have been times that we probably should have, but we were still scared about getting a $500 electric bill, so we toughed it out. Haven't had any days this year that we've needed it yet, but I'm sure we'll get some nice hot weather soon.

I haven't run the AC since we moved out here last June. There have been times that we probably should have, but we were still scared about getting a $500 electric bill, so we toughed it out. Haven't had any days this year that we've needed it yet, but I'm sure we'll get some nice hot weather soon.
LOL, we had the AC cranked the whole time we were in Hawaii, or at least whenever we were near sea level.  85 degrees and humid is way beyond my comfort level.

^If I am in a hotel then I would have it cranked up as well, but when you have to pay for it you do without sometimes. Besides, our place gets great breezes, so it's really not necessary most of the time.

the heat came early this year...not even summer yet and we are reaching triple digits with the heat index...saturday was awful.  Sunday was bad too, then a random storm came through and dropped the temps like 20 degrees within 5 minutes  super crazy.

summer came in hot and fast last spring, I think once we got to April we were in the 90's for a long time.. luckily this year it has only really been hot this past week.  Have only run the AC 3 times.  Been getting some PM showers which have helped cool things down..of course we did walk on snow yesterday (but it wasn't in my back yard)

Heat was bad at the race this past weekend.  Even my recently serviced upstairs AC is struggling to hold within 3 degrees of the set point during the day.

I knew today was going to be bad when it was 80° at 5:30 AM when I left for work.  The humidity felt like a wet fart hit you in the face.

Back