--**-- The Infirmary --**--

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Oh no! Now, Hubby has the horrid cold I've been fighting for 2+ weeks. The little one and I are even still on antibiotics for the secondary infections it caused. This should make for a fun Christmas with his family in town.

Daughter was sick last two days, now me and Mrs. Rev have the bug, with the Mrs. not even able to get out of bed. Present opening has been postponed.

Rev you should know better than to hit her in the head.

j/k Sounds like she/you guys had a rough Christmas. I hope she's feeling better soon and you can salvage some of the holiday season.

I'm showing signs of a cold/flu bug coming off.

I tried to drown it in beer the last couple of days, with only marginal success.

Good move Rev - I have had one or two concussions over the years (explains a lot about me!) and they are a very odd malady to deal with. Best to get it looked at by a pro. Hope it all gets sorted out quickly.

MA - I think you are going about it wrong. I was always taught to make a tonic of equal parts tequila, Nyquil, and turpentine. Take two shots every hour until all movement stops the fever breaks.

Also my cure for the cold and flu is this: take airborne every hour and DayQuil every 4 hours while awake. Hot TheraFlu with a shot of whiskey before bed.

Minisnick has another ear infection...this makes his total like 3 for the year. At least the canker sores are gone and he is able to eat solid foods again.

If I'm out of turpentine will gasoline be a good substitute?

Took Nyquil and beer last night. I slept pretty well.

Rev you should know better than to hit her in the head.

j/k Sounds like she/you guys had a rough Christmas. I hope she's feeling better soon and you can salvage some of the holiday season.

I'm showing signs of a cold/flu bug coming off.

I tried to drown it in beer the last couple of days, with only marginal success.
Try gin & tonic with lots of lime. Used to work for me.

Minisnick has another ear infection...this makes his total like 3 for the year. At least the canker sores are gone and he is able to eat solid foods again.
Does minisnick swim alot? I used to get ear infections all the time as a kid. Swimming was the cause. They make an ear cleaner like a candle or something worked well with ear drops. Never had one since. That was over 20 years ago. Hope the ear infection cures quickly.

my son had so many ear infections he got the tubes put in when he was 18mo old. Seemed to work ok for him and they fall out on their own after a year or so.

Ohh, my back... my back.

Don't know what part of the weekend did it, moving a big ass mattress or cleans at the gym, but my middle back is limiting my sleep. Been like this for a couple days. Woke up at 3 am to wrenching pains, had to bust out the tiger balm and a heat pad. Wearing the heating pad right now at my desk, wow does it sure help. Hoping it goes away by the weekend... supposed to user in the new years by putting down turns on one of the local volcanos.

Back