The Hangover appreciation thread

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Road Guy

Reaction score
I know we have a movie thread but HFS this movie was hysterical (yeah I am late just now seeing it)

so funny actually watched it twice last night.........

You know I have been thinking about getting my bartenders license..

Last edited by a moderator:
What's involved in getting that one? Is there a review course? BartenderBoards.com?

I have been secretly waiting to use the "its at the corner of fuck off and get a map" line.....hahahahaha

I'm one of the poor, unfortunate souls who is endlessly waiting for it via netflicks...

I think one of my favorite lines was from Mr. Chow... "Toodeloo mutha fuckaaaahhhsss!"

I haven't seen it yet either - it's always missing at the rental place near my house. Sounds like a must see.

"I left behind my wife and kids to come to Vegas with you guys."

"That's sweet"

"Dude, I was kidding, I fucking hate my life. I wanna stay in Vegas, I may never go back."

I started laughing my ass off, my wife says "its not THAT funny", I said "yes, yes it is" she gave me a dirty look and went to bed.

the-hangover.jpg

CLICK BELOW TO WATCH

http://stagevu.com/video/gwravwozvkxy

To ME what makes a movie a classic is the "one liners" you can pull from it. Most of the time you have to watch it a few times to catch them. My favorite movie of all time for that was Caddyshack. I'll bet there are 30 one-liners that me and my buds use all the time! "I'll bet you were SOMETHING before electricity", "Now I know why tigers eat thier young!" , "You want to earn $14, the HARD WAY?"......Another example of that is Ron Burgandy where he and Christina Applegate are arguing and he calls her a "Smelly pirate hooker" I can't tell you how many of THOSE I've run across since.....

I thought the hangover was pretty funny too, I need to go back now and see how many lines I can steal from it to see if it makes the "LIST".

hummm....maybe that would make a good thread to start. Funny ass movie one liners?

I haven't seen The Hangover, but all this talk about the movie had peaked my interest, until it was compared to Ron Burgandy. Good God, that movie was total drivel. I'm embarrassed to say I own it. There was a reason it was in the $5 bin at wal-mart. I'd heard people mention it before and I hadn't heard anything bad about it and I figured for $5 I couldn't go wrong. I want my $5 back. Ron Burgandy could only be funny if you are high, a 7 year old or lobotomized.

I thought Ron Burgundy was a decent movie*. I would say worth watching on netflix but not owning. I would not categorize it with the elite comedy movies of the last 10 years. I have to say that the hangover has taken the number one spot from my list bumping Old School and Wedding Crashers down a notch. I also thought Stepbrothers was hilarious.

*Disclaimer, I have the mind of a child

Last edited by a moderator:
hold on......I thought the movie Ron Burgandy sucked....but there were a few one liners that I thought were hilarious! lol.....Guess I should have been more clear on that!

I also thought Stepbrothers was hilarious.
Sweet baby Jesus, another awful movie. I have formed a hypothesis, any movie where Will Ferrel is the lead actor will suck. I challenge anyone to come up with one good movie he has played the leading role in. Old School doesn't count, he wasn't the main character.

hold on......I thought the movie Ron Burgandy sucked....but there were a few one liners that I thought were hilarious! lol.....Guess I should have been more clear on that!
Sorry NC, you didn't say it was a good movie, but I thought it was so dreadful I couldn't see any redeeming qualities to it, even the odd one liner. Most of the dialog in the "film" seemed to be nonsensical jibberish anyway. Sooner or later they were bound to throw a combination of words or phrases together that were funny.

I watched Ron Burgandy on a flight back from San Diego returning from my failed interview attempt to be an FBI Agent (actually the interview went well but later on the polygraph said I was a drug dealer) anyways, I found it funny at the time, it was a good movie to forget about the hellish 8 hour interview......

and I generally like anything with Christina Applegate in it ;)

I almost pissed myself watching stepbrothers.

Ok Lemme think.

I thought Talladega Nights was good. There is also Stranger than Fiction but I don't think its a comedy.

especially most of the interview was videotaped, the interviewing agents didnt seem to have much of a sense of humor, so I had to keep mine under-wraps (for anyone that knows me is hard to do)

Back