The Cooking Thread

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm not supposed to like this stuff, but the wife made up several of these pizza crusts made with Zucchini and I think Almond flour? But I ate 3 slices for 80 calories total so that works for me! I couldn't really taste the zucchini to be honest, Id say it was not as good as Papa Johns but better than little Caesars. 

Its kind of a pain because you have to make the crust (in the oven) and then make the pizza - but let me know if you want the recipe.

pizza.JPG

I’m still planning to try a keto pizza at some point, just haven’t gotten around to it yet.  I think the crust is just ground chicken mixed with moz. cheese. Same idea...cook up the crust first...but it sounds pretty good.

i am still firmly of the opinion that people who bitch about zucchini noodles or spaghetti squash are bitching for the sake of making a show of it.  Do you honestly think regular pasta really tastes like much of anything? All you taste is whatever sauce is on it. Same with zoodles or spaghetti squash, they don’t really taste like anything, they’re just a means of getting the sauce to your gut.

I’m still planning to try a keto pizza at some point, just haven’t gotten around to it yet.  I think the crust is just ground chicken mixed with moz. cheese. Same idea...cook up the crust first...but it sounds pretty good.

i am still firmly of the opinion that people who bitch about zucchini noodles or spaghetti squash are bitching for the sake of making a show of it.  Do you honestly think regular pasta really tastes like much of anything? All you taste is whatever sauce is on it. Same with zoodles or spaghetti squash, they don’t really taste like anything, they’re just a means of getting the sauce to your gut.
It's mostly a textural thing.  I can tolerate spaghetti squash, even though its mushier and can make everything watery (I use salt to leach out the water and roast for extra time, and it still "weeps" over time).  I can't even gag down zucchini noodles due to the texture. 

I'm also really taste-averse to zucchini and a lot of gourds/starchy vegetables.  I detest roasted sweet potatoes, regular squash, pumpkin, yams, etc.  

Didn't do any cooking this weekend, which would have been amazing, but tonight I'm thinking ginger chicken boy choy soup?  Something of that nature that will let me use up a chicken breast I accidentally defrosted and some of the huge amount of ginger/boy choy that I picked up at the Asian market.

this week is "let's eat from the freezer" since we moved my freezer stuff over. I did have to toss some stuff to get everything in (frosted over things). I'm hoping to actually cook this weekend. [and yes, last week was also some ;"let's eat from the freezer' too lol]

Boyfriend will be gone for dinner so I'm making salmon with a bunch of veggies he doesn't like (brussels sprouts & peas) 

I really wanna make lasagna rolls

Made...something last night?  Lots of ginger/garlic/onions and cornstarch-covered chicken breast and then a shit ton of bok choy.  I tried to make a sauce, but it didn't really thicken?  I've never made this combo before, so I'm afraid it's going to suck.  I brought it in to share with people at work (because that's a thing?) and hopefully I'll get some tomato soup out of the exchange.

Made...something last night?  Lots of ginger/garlic/onions and cornstarch-covered chicken breast and then a shit ton of bok choy.  I tried to make a sauce, but it didn't really thicken?  I've never made this combo before, so I'm afraid it's going to suck.  I brought it in to share with people at work (because that's a thing?) and hopefully I'll get some tomato soup out of the exchange.
Day 34 in the village: I have learned the concept of “potluck.”

Day 34 in the village: I have learned the concept of “potluck.”
Day 35 in the village: The keeper tell me more information about their kin-members when I show reluctance.  I am unsure what this sharing of knowledge is, except someone's patriarch is in the healing tent and they want to share soup.

Man, I come to this thread expecting to see pictures of yummy food, but no...I have to resort to my imagination. :(
You know, I really thought to myself that I should take a photo of my dinner last night... But then I just wanted to start eating and my phone was in the other room, so no photo was taken. Sorry to disappoint!

So who here will be picking up the Han Solo Signature Roaster for the low low price of $450 from Williams Sonoma this year?

https://www.williams-sonoma.com/products/le-creuset-star-wars-han-solo-roaster/

lc-star-wars-hans-solo-roaster-c.jpg

I'm pretty sure nobody thought carbonite was a lightweight material.

So who here will be picking up the Han Solo Signature Roaster for the low low price of $450 from Williams Sonoma this year?

https://www.williams-sonoma.com/products/le-creuset-star-wars-han-solo-roaster/

*snip*
The only item I was really contemplating getting from that 'line' was the porg pie bird!  I've always wanted le creuset stuff, but it's so expensive (and I know the quality is good, but my lodge stuff has lasted me forever so far, and I'm not making roasts as much as I used to).

Back