The Baking Thread

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
That's weird about the bacon JK.

Now about those cookies: YUM!

Bacon sucks for me because I feel like in the last five-years it's suddenly become "hip and with it" to have bacon in EVERYTHING.  Like, bacon used to be for breakfast or wrapping around scallops.  Now all of a sudden there is bacon ice cream and bacon cologne and I don't know what is happening to this country. 

Cookies are really soft and dense?  Not quite sure if that's the texture I was going for, but I do like the buttery/mild cinnamon flavor I have.  Def need to make another batch of pumpkin spice mix when I get home, though.  Ratios I had were good, but it only makes like 2-teaspoons after all the measuring. 

Bacon is everywhere because those who weren't "with it" before now want it everywhere to show how "with it" they are now. 

Kinda like beer with hipsters and the like.  They make beer taste like flowers (IPA) so they can drink it and then they make / buy the sh*t out of it.  Look at me!  I drink beer!  

ANOTHER TURKEY BACON ADVOCATE! BOOM!!!!

giphy.gif

ONLY BECAUSE REGULAR BACON MAKES HER DIE.
I LITERALLY TEMPTED FATE THIS WEEKEND.  I got a delicious potato, scallion, bacon, chipolte gouda, omelette this weekend.  Asked for a chicken sausage substitute.  They did not substitute.  I had a bite, started coughing and drank three cups of water+coffee to flush my mouth.

They did not charge me for the bacon.  And I got a mini order of the pistachio pancakes for my almost dying!  Huzzah!

You almost died and all you got is a mini order of pistachio pancakes??

They better have been the best pancakes you have ever had then.....

'Round these parts, we call that a "shitty restaurant."

Nah, @Supe.  Waitress actually was really concerned when I first mentioned the allergy.  I think it was just the guys in the kitchen working on auto-pilot when they saw the order (the place is packed/always has a wait/doesn't take reservations).  I'm fairly forgiving when it comes to food, as long as I don't die.  

There's a fancy restaurant in Colorado named Snooze that's delightful for breakfast. Same thing- very busy, no reservations. However, they are f-ing rock stars about food allergies. I'd like to thank Boulder for that one. 

Nah, @Supe.  Waitress actually was really concerned when I first mentioned the allergy.  I think it was just the guys in the kitchen working on auto-pilot when they saw the order (the place is packed/always has a wait/doesn't take reservations).  I'm fairly forgiving when it comes to food, as long as I don't die.  
"Hey guys, you didn't put bacon in this, RIGHT?"

Okay.  I think tonight I will be making espresso brownies (because I promised work I would make them again and I finally finished my exam).  I'll keep the thread updated on any revisions I made to my usual recipe! 
That reminds me of the dark chocolate bacon espresso cupcakes my wife made me one year for my birthday.

(Sorry couldn't help the bacon reference.  They were really good though!)

That reminds me of the dark chocolate bacon espresso cupcakes my wife made me one year for my birthday.

(Sorry couldn't help the bacon reference.  They were really good though!)
I actually do a chili brownie really good, which adds so really nice heat, but that requires actual thinking...whereas the espresso brownies are literally a tablespoon or two of strong espresso mixed into the dry before incorporation into the wet.

Also, I really wish macon was more of a thing in the US.  I tried it/it was a think in Ireland.  It's like...mutton bacon?  Lamb mutton that has been cured similar to bacon, and its so wild!  Such a weird/lamby flavor, but crispy?  I can't describe it but I wish that was a thing over here!  Maybe I'll start experimenting and try to make my own when the weather turns better?

Back