The Automotive Thread

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
^The redneck in me thinks those trucks look cool. The :wv: farmer in me always wondered why anybody would raise the center of gravity and put the tailgate that much higher off the ground.

So you can do this:

DSC09222.jpg

^The redneck in me thinks those trucks look cool. The : :wv: : farmer in me always wondered why anybody would raise the center of gravity and put the tailgate that much higher off the ground.
That's why I always like the Comanche's and J-10 pickups. 4wd and low bed heights.

Here it is lads, the new addition to the family. The 2005 4Runner, limited w/ most all options, 111k miles, for $15.2k this evening. Was probably still $500 too high based on the KBB for Private Party but this was through a Toyota dealer and I didn't feel like nickle pinching those poor bastards any more. It's a nice ride (till something breaks, science forbid...), would have probably wondered off soon if I didn't make a move. JSYK, I was told by the financing guy at the end that we just made some 13' cutoff date for the rates we got, in case anyone is out looking. We locked in a 60mo. for 2.75% w/ sub $250/mo payments but will be shooting our eye out to pay this pup off by xmas next year. .......HO... HO... HO!

01500e9b0a0a006501cda81e7c54962c.jpg
tumblr_ldj9xeuuNx1qcrhd0o1_500.gif
That's a sweet ride. I like the color too. We bought a new 2011 back about 15 months ago. Same color. I love the thing. It might ride a bit like a truck, but that's what we need here in the mountains. They are very capable off road. Ho ho ho.

We locked in a 60mo. for 2.75% w/ sub $250/mo payments but will be shooting our eye out to pay this pup off by xmas next year. .......HO... HO... HO!
The bank ok'd a 60mo term on a 7/8 year old vehicle? Cool. It's always nice to get the payments stupid low then turn around and pay it off early. Helps having that cushon helps.

Are those 3 rows of seating?
Fixt. This was an option, but didn't come on the one we bought. I think you can still get them after market as I've seen them on other listings, but we won't for the dogs. The whole reason we were leaning to the 4runner was for the rear window roll down feature. Perfect space back there for our two fur balls. My Ram seats 5 comfortably, but then the dogs have to free ball it in the back and they hate that. Now they won't have to.

We locked in a 60mo. for 2.75% w/ sub $250/mo payments but will be shooting our eye out to pay this pup off by xmas next year. .......HO... HO... HO!
The bank ok'd a 60mo term on a 7/8 year old vehicle? Cool. It's always nice to get the payments stupid low then turn around and pay it off early. Helps having that cushon helps.
Yeah, my thinking exactly. We could have even gotten the 72, but It really didn't matter at that point. My truck is the same year, and has been paid off for 5. If we can get the new to us ride off the books, we should be sitting fine in a couple years for either a Jeep Rubicon or a 67' chevelle. Haven't thought that far ahead.

Time for a 6" lift and 33s, like my friends did to their 4runner.
Sorry about your pen!s....
Ha ha ha, it's my FEMALE friend's 4runner so I don't think she'd be offended.

They live in CO, where there is ample opportunity to actually benefit from a lifted vehicle. My jeep only has a 2" lift, so I'm not compensating or anything. . .

Fixt. This was an option, but didn't come on the one we bought. I think you can still get them after market as I've seen them on other listings, but we won't for the dogs. The whole reason we were leaning to the 4runner was for the rear window roll down feature. Perfect space back there for our two fur balls. My Ram seats 5 comfortably, but then the dogs have to free ball it in the back and they hate that. Now they won't have to.
Put 'em in a cage and tie 'em down like a good republican....they love that.

They bark and make fun of those dogs.

The ones on the roof, too?

The ones on the roof, too?
I dunno, when ever we say "skit dem witnesses" they always bark at the guys in ties.

Oh, good Lord....

/>http://columbia.craigslist.org/cto/3466532582.html

DIY Avalanche fail.

Back