THE 3K THREAD - 3 WAYS TO WIN

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
top of page now now?

edit: dangit...I thought I was swooping in on chance...

Last edited by a moderator:
I think my biggest fear is falling in a tank of activated sludge. What a horrible way to die . . .

I worry about my plane hitting a flock of geese and landing in a ri....wait, what? What's been in the news?

I think my biggest fear is falling in a tank of activated sludge. What a horrible way to die . . .

I agree. Although I was thinking a few years back during one of my projects, you'd probably have a chance of living if you weren't dealing with fine bubble diffused air because you'd float. With fine bubble though, you're sinking no matter what.

Another one of mine is asbestosis or lung cancer. In my line of work, it is a possibility.

Exactly, sink right to the bottom. Yuck. I read a story about how a dog fell into a sludge tank and a police officer jumped in and saved the dog. Thankfully they weren't using fine air diffusion . . .

When I was in college, one of our projects was to desin a WWTP. We visited several, and the operator warned us about falling into those.

Does anyone watch Weeds? There's a moment in season 3 where a sewer line blows and it shows turd rockets shooting into the sky in a waste geyser. Ugh.

Working transportation side has all the usual things to worry about killing you...semi-trucks, cars, crazed motorists angry about work zones

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back