Texas Results Released!

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
This is pretty much every brand spanking new PE right now...

csNkuCZ.gif

Did any of you new Texas PEs take the testmasters review course? I took it here in Houston and it was definitely worth every penny (of my company's money ;) ).

A lot of high passing scores in here. Nice job everybody!

Do any other states report their passing scores? I'm curious how others compare to the obvious geniuses in the Lone Star State. :)

Do we have any confirmation that these scores are legit? I thought I did terrible on the exam - I ran out of time and totally guessed on at least 16 questions that I counted, and had many more that I wasn't sure of... but I still made a 92 according to the TBPE webpage... Assuming I really did pass I'm stoked, but still the numbers seem a little high to me...

and assuming the numbers are legit, congrats to everyone who passed!!!!

Do we have any confirmation that these scores are legit? I thought I did terrible on the exam - I ran out of time and totally guessed on at least 16 questions that I counted, and had many more that I wasn't sure of... but I still made a 92 according to the TBPE webpage... Assuming I really did pass I'm stoked, but still the numbers seem a little high to me...

and assuming the numbers are legit, congrats to everyone who passed!!!!
Well, as someone else mentioned, keep in mind that a 92 isn't really a 92. As in, you very likely didn't get 74 questions correct. They probably normalized the cut score (whatever that was for your discipline) at 70% and then made adjustments from there.

Still, they are pretty high even with that adjustment. I'd say we're all just awesome here in Texas. As for the scores being legit, they're from the Board's official website, so I don't see why wouldn't be.

Did any of you new Texas PEs take the testmasters review course? I took it here in Houston and it was definitely worth every penny (of my company's money ;) ).

I too took the testmasters course in Houston. It helped substantially. We should both be on Dr. Israni's honors list!

Did any of you pay the license fee $200. How do you pay it online. I don't see any option to pay in the link they sent us. It just takes to the application status page when I applied to get approval to take exam. Thanks

Did any of you pay the license fee $200. How do you pay it online. I don't see any option to pay in the link they sent us. It just takes to the application status page when I applied to get approval to take exam. Thanks

I got the same thing. I emailed them and asked what the deal was. I'll post when they reply.

I got the same thing. I emailed them and asked what the deal was. I'll post when they reply.
Ah, young grasshopper. One must well the payment into existence. You must find the proper link with your heart and your mind. Then and only then will you be ready to practice the art of Professional Engineering.

Ah, young grasshopper. One must well the payment into existence. You must find the proper link with your heart and your mind. Then and only then will you be ready to practice the art of Professional Engineering.
Ya its early morning. Do let us know if any of you see or find out whats the deal.

Back