TEXAS PE RESULTS - OCT 2012 - PASS/FAIL - CUT OFF SCORE

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
How do you get your score in Texas? does it say xx% and xx/80 or does it say for example 70 and you then assume it was a 56/80?

How do you get your score in Texas? does it say xx% and xx/80 or does it say for example 70 and you then assume it was a 56/80?
In Texas if you pass you just get a score of xx%.

If you fail you get the score, but you also get the diagnostic that shows yy correct out of 80.

Congrats to all the new PE's! And don't let this get you down for those who take another shot in April!

Civil Structural

Passed First Time - 84%

Any one planning to take or has took the 16 hr structural exam?

I am planning to take it but it probably won't be in next April. I'd like to get my master's out of the way first!

Sent from my HTC Sensation 4G using Tapatalk 2

Texas PE - Electrical: Power

First time taker.

Passed!

TBPE site says score = 74.00

Will I ever get to see the # of questions right? On NCEES website if only says "Pass"

First time taker.

Passed!

Will I ever get to see the # of questions right? On NCEES website if only says "Pass"
I don't think so. If you pass, you don't get diagnostic results from NCEES. I passed TX PE Chem with an 80, but no idea of the # of questions correct.

First time taker.

Passed!

I don't think so. If you pass, you don't get diagnostic results from NCEES. I passed TX PE Chem with an 80, but no idea of the # of questions correct.
You passed. Be happy! Anyone at the cut or higher are the same. Doesn't matter how many you got right. That's why ncees went to p/f - they didn't want people to use it as a job credential. Seems like Texas is the only one that gives a score because it's in there law or something.

Seems a little unfair to the test taker in both cases.

Why give out a score without giving it any meaning. I mean what does telling you you were in the 83, 75, or 65 percentile mean, if they don't tell you where the line was. theoretically, you could be in the 60% and still pass, depending on the distribution of results. It's like the NCEES diagnostic. When I failed in April it compared me to the "Avg passing score". Don't care about that. Let me know how close I was to the lowest passing score.

Also, if I go through the effort and expense of taking the test, pass or fail, you should at least tell me what I scored, what my percentile is among test takers, and what the cut score was. We're engineers here; give us metrics!!!! I know NCEES knows all this stuff. How hard would it be to give that data along with the meaningless pass rates among first and repeat test takers? NCESS should do a focus group.

Back