TEXAS PE RESULTS - OCT 2012 - PASS/FAIL - CUT OFF SCORE

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
if you get a 69 would you pay the 75 bucks for a hand check?
I wouldn't. My wife got a 69 the first time she took it and asked the same question. Several people told her that they did the manual score and they had passed the next exam before the manual grading results came back and with all of them it came back the same, 69.

It sucks, but if you were that close you should get it next time.

She didn't think it was too funnny at the time. 6 months later she could laugh about it.

I'm debating about the hand check also. Got a FAIL with 69 and 42/80 on diagnostics (TX - Mechanical - HVAC Afternoon). Anyone know if a 43/80 would have been a "PASS". Anyone out there fail with a 43 (or more) out of 80? Anyone had luck with a 69 and hand check (sounds kind of dirty doesn't it?)

id look at the diagnostics report, if it says you are close to average passing grades then id say go for it. tho i haven't heard of them ever changing their decision (did you erase any questions?)

I'm debating about the hand check also. Got a FAIL with 69 and 42/80 on diagnostics (TX - Mechanical - HVAC Afternoon). Anyone know if a 43/80 would have been a "PASS". Anyone out there fail with a 43 (or more) out of 80? Anyone had luck with a 69 and hand check (sounds kind of dirty doesn't it?)
As far as I know from others on this board, no manual score re-check has ever resulted in over-turning a fail to a pass. Most (if not all) veterans on this board will tell you to save your money and use the time to study and diagnose your results rather than going through the re-check process. I know it sucks to come so close and not pass, but all you can do is change up your study habits and hit it again. Good luck! :thumbs:

Last edited by a moderator:
Anyone that has taken mech systems and materials post xx/80 and actual score if you get both.

if you get a 69 would you pay the 75 bucks for a hand check?
As far as I know from others on this board, no manual score re-check has ever resulted in over-turning a fail to a pass. Most (if not all) veterans on this board will tell you to save your money and use the time to study and diagnose your results rather than going through the re-check process. I know it sucks to come so close and not pass, but all you can do is change up your study habits and hit it again. Good luck! :thumbs:
This. They just rerun the scan tron through the machine again.

Back