TENNESSEE - RESULTS

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Congratulations!

Nothing in our mail today - I went by to check since I was in the area....I'm thinking Monday. I'll have to go into the office (we're open but I'm off) to check.

You must live close to Nashville.
Yep, I live right around Nashville... so when I saw that the letters were being mailed out last week, I figured I'd find out on Saturday. I don't think I could have waited any longer.

It looks I'll be going for the 4th round in April. What's the deal with no raw scores included anymore? My boss (who also happens to be my brother and made a 98 his first time out way back before multiple choice testing) kept shaking the envelope. He says it's not right that they don't give us anymore feedback than FAILED. Ah well, I'll start back up this weekend.

Time for a drink......and to play Mario Party 8 with the girls. You know really, nothing changes with the FAILED letter. And I think things are looking up - I went to Walgreens and got out for nothing because I had so much in rebates on my gift card. It was kind of like God was looking down and saying "Okay, I'll give you this one, you deserve something."

Happy New Year! Here's to a successful 2008! :winko:

It looks I'll be going for the 4th round in April.
Sorry to hear that ...

It took me four times too but it worked. I know a number of people that followed the same pattern. :)

Best of luck on your re-take and please take advantage of the EB.com resources. The Electrical Exam prep has a very strong presence anchored by one of the nicest guys you could hope to meet - BIO. He totally rocks!! :th_rockon: There are a lot of resources and people to draw from there - just ask a few Qs! :)

As far as April goes ............ :bio:

JR

Thanks for the encouragement. Our VP agreed today to pay for the MGI course - he's as baffled as I am....really, I swear I'm a pretty smart person. :dunno: I've decided that to take full advantage of his generosity I'm going to wait until October to do it again. There's another guy here taking it then too (for the 3rd time) so I'll have someone to study with. I'm sure I'll be taking full advantage of this board too.

Thanks for the encouragement. Our VP agreed today to pay for the MGI course - he's as baffled as I am....really, I swear I'm a pretty smart person. :dunno: I've decided that to take full advantage of his generosity I'm going to wait until October to do it again. There's another guy here taking it then too (for the 3rd time) so I'll have someone to study with. I'm sure I'll be taking full advantage of this board too.

Don't get too discouraged. I don't believe that it is a measurement of your Intelligence. I think that I am not a very smart in the books department. I studyed harder than most in college and got ok grades. I was not an A student in engineering. I took the PE the first time and didn't study at all. I almost passed. The second time I studied really hard and passed. I have passed the SE2 and I am not sure about the SE1 yet but I studied really hard.

My point is that this test is really in the luck of the draw..... I know people who dont seem too smart and passed the first time without studying...

FYI for anybody else out there from TN that failed - I emailed the coordinator today to find out why I didn't get a diagnostic report with my results. All I got with the letter was an envelope. The other two times I got the diagnostic with the letter but no envelope. She said the diagnostics were being mailed in a separate letter. Does that sound odd to anyone else? I figure if I don't get the the other letter before Friday I'll know she popped it in the mail after she got my email.

Thanks for the encouragement. Our VP agreed today to pay for the MGI course - he's as baffled as I am....really, I swear I'm a pretty smart person. :dunno:
I think this exam has a tendency to sometimes minimize our individual abilities because so much is placed on the outcome (e.g. to grant licensure or do not grant licensure). I know everybody around me was incredulous when I failed twice scoring 69 each time and then a third time without the score. My failures became a running joke at work and in school.

Now that I have moved beyond the joke - it doesn't really matter. Vindication is sweet! And once you receive your vindication - all of the sourness from the previous attempts will melt away because all that matters will be the P for Pass. :)

Best of luck in your upcoming preparations!!

JR

Back