Tax season 2016

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
we are at 8+ yrs in our house and still get mail for the previous owners the first couple months of every year.  I used to write return to sender but if they couldn't manage to remember to change their address on important things by now I don't even offer then the courtesy of a shred.  It goes straight to the recycle bin.
X2.  I did get sick of seeing their bills from the allergist though, so I called them and told them to stop sending them.  Coincidentally enough, we used the same allergist.

Hubby is now having his post-anniversary dinner nap, so I just finished filing our taxes. This is what nine years of marriage looks like. I used TurboTax for the first time and it's great. We're getting over $6k back, so I need to take a hard look at our W-4s next year. But for now, the refund is going toward 529 plans, charity, and hookers and blow. Should I book my hotel for the EB Vegas meetup 5-year anniversary trip?

With round trip tickets to Vegas from just about anywhere being absurdly cheap these days, it would almost be stupid NOT to have a second Vegas meet.

Looks like $469 round trip in sep from Boston. 

Is there any real interested in an EB Vegas meetup Part Deux?  No surprise that I'd be down for that, just have to convince the wife.

Looks like $469 round trip in sep from Boston. 

Looks like JetBlue is the only airline that flies nonstop BOS-LAS, which is kind of surprising.  You could save quite a bit if you went with a connection.

Last edited by a moderator:
Is there any real interested in an EB Vegas meetup Part Deux?  No surprise that I'd be down for that, just have to convince the wife.

Looks like JetBlue is the only airline that flies nonstop BOS-LAS, which is kind of surprising.  You could save quite a bit if you went with a connection.
I'm sure I could find cheaper.   Did quick bathroom search. 

Now that she's been to Vegas, I could easily talk the wife into a return trip.  September sounds like a good time to go.

I'd give serious consideration, especially if it was a weekend/long weekend sort of deal.

Ill be in vegas for "work" March 26-28th :D

But if there is a 2nd EB vegas meetup I wont miss it this time, especially since flights from Denver are only $50 bucks ;)

Around $400 from Fairbanks.   I'm disappointed that flights from here to the lower 48 aren't cheaper.  

Around $400 from Fairbanks.   I'm disappointed that flights from here to the lower 48 aren't cheaper.  
That actually sounds pretty good to me.  I've spent more than that to fly from here to Atlanta, which is 600 miles away.

That actually sounds pretty good to me.  I've spent more than that to fly from here to Atlanta, which is 600 miles away.
Yeah but this is to Vegas.  A flight to Altanta from here is around $900, best price I could find (I was actually looking into that last week).  I got to Denver last November for $600.  Too much.  

Interested. What about Labor Day weekend?

I'm not necessarily opposed, but keep in mind holidays tend to be busier and more expensive for flights and hotels.  Though that may not be true for Vegas because it's still pretty warm that time of year, with an average high of 97 and low of 74.  Late September/early October gets the high temps closer to the upper 80s.

I'm not necessarily opposed, but keep in mind holidays tend to be busier and more expensive for flights and hotels.  Though that may not be true for Vegas because it's still pretty warm that time of year, with an average high of 97 and low of 74.  Late September/early October gets the high temps closer to the upper 80s.
Well at least it won't be Lent! :lmao:

Right @csb???

Also, how much is a flight from NZ to LAS @Dexman PE PMP? :D

Last edited by a moderator:
MP's a travel ninja. I nominate him for president of the planning committee.

I'm totally down for Vegas in September. I assume the EB Super Adventure Club will be organizing another trip? I'll join you guys this time and bring the scotch ramen so we can honor VTE's memory with two of his favorite things, hiking and violent expulsion of bodily fluids.

Back