Take a penny leave a penny

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I bring an old TV for his entertainment but unfortunately its only stuck on the infomercial channel.  

There is now an incarnated @ChebyshevII_PE, 9 servings of prison-loaf, ($401.75) and infomercial playing TV in the pile.

I eat 2 of @ChebyshevII_PE's prison-loaf servings, watch the infomercial channel for a while, and buy him a 5-lb shake-weight so he can make good use of prison time. Using Take-a-Penny funds of course.

There is now an incarnated (He somehow escaped incarceration to become incarnated?) @ChebyshevII_PE, 7 servings of prison-loaf, ($431.74), an infomercial playing TV, and a 5-lb shake-weight in the pile. 

I take the remaining servings of prison-loaf & shake-weight and using the barter section of craigslist manage to trade my way up to enough money to eliminate the debt.

There is now an “incarcerated” @ChebyshevII_PE and an infomercial-playing TV.

I came by the pile during visitation hours. Chebyshevll_PE was no longer there, but cops told me that his bail  pennymoney was discovered to be counterfeit. Several cops asked if I knew the perp, but I denied everything.

There is now a “damn you autocorrect” meme, a fully-functional TV, a counterfeit penny, and a warrant for Chebyshevll's recapture in the pile.

The mailman just delivered the cable bill. A lot of mature content ordered on there. 🙄

There is now a “damn you autocorrect” meme, a fully-functional TV, and bill for $200 in the pile.

The local homeless population protests the removal of the TV. 

There is now a “damn you autocorrect” meme and several protesting homeless people in the pile.

I find it interesting that the homeless people are protesting the removal of the TV and not the removal of the house/foundation that was previously in the pile. Nevertheless, I throw a penny in the pile.

There is now a “damn you, autocorrect” meme, several protesting homeless people, and a penny in the pile.

A liberal empathizes with the plight of the homeless people and brings them a TV.  The protesting ends, and they all watch HGTV together.  Inspired a network commercial, they beg for a day and have enough pennies to make their HGTV dream a reality.  After stealing a can of epoxy resin from a hardware store, the homeless people bond thousands of pennies to the sidewalk and show off their new "copper floor" to passer-bys.

There is now a "damn you, autocorrect" meme, a liberal, a TV, several crafty homeless people, and a mostly empty can of epoxy resin in the pile.

Last edited by a moderator:
The liberal posts a picture of the penny-covered sidewalk to Instagram and it goes viral. He takes credit for the work and he his made an internet star.

There is now a "damn you, autocorrect" meme, a liberal, a TV, several crafty homeless people, and a mostly empty can of epoxy resin in the pile (in other words, nothing changed).

After about a week, someone comes under cover of night and steals all of the pennies. The newly minted instagram star creates a GoFundMe page to replace it, which raises $130 over 2 weeks. People soon forget all about the episode.

There is now a "damn you, autocorrect" meme, a slightly wealthier liberal, a TV, several crafty homeless people, and a mostly empty can of epoxy resin in the pile.

I come by to drop off a sixer of PBR, but everyone left to chase after the next shiny object.

There is now a "damn you, autocorrect" meme, a six pack of PBR, a TV, and a mostly empty can of epoxy resin in the pile.

Latest posts

Back