Tabbing for the Civil PE Exam

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dkinzl1

Reaction score
Would appreciate detailed list of how some of you tabbed the CERM, HCM and AASHTO Green Book.

Thanks, Don

I only tabbed specific equations and tables I used frequently during my preparations. For example - the Darcy friction equation, the soil classification table, etc... I started tabbing a week or so before the exam. Post-it makes some nice tabs that are semi permanent. They are more durable than flags but can still be removed, and you can write on them directly with no paper inserts.

I used the shaggy method too. :D
I also used this method. I found it to be the most organized way of doing it. Of course, its all for nothing if you don't get very familiar with the book and what the chapters entail.

Last edited by a moderator:
Its funny... I have actually added some tabs to my references since the exam. Stuff that wasn't important for the test, but I use it at work from time to time... now have tabs. I have gone tabbin' crazy.

One thing I found helpful on the CERM was to tab the letters in both the Glossary and the Index. It made it so that if I didn't know something I could look it up very quickly

Back