Swine Flu

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
My biggest concern with the whole thing is stuff getting shut down. I plan to go stock up a bit for the house in case panic spreads to over here and there is an overrun on supplies or stores close down.

Well, they just added to the hysteria by walking around handing out bottles of Purell here at work.

Well, they just added to the hysteria by walking around handing out bottles of Purell here at work.
so now we are turning it into a super bug with everyone swarming to purell and its relatives. some germs are ok and often necessary. killing 99.7 or whatever stat they are using now only leads to further problems down the road. non-antibacterial soap and water all you need. purell should be used sparingly and only when soap and water is not readily available.

so now we are turning it into a super bug with everyone swarming to purell and its relatives. some germs are ok and often necessary. killing 99.7 or whatever stat they are using now only leads to further problems down the road. non-antibacterial soap and water all you need. purell should be used sparingly and only when soap and water is not readily available.
What's funny is that my sister and brother-in-law are so paranoid about this swine flu, they're cleaning and sanitizing like crazy. They're always cleaning, it brings me to shame, with my 6-day-a-week dirty house ('cause we only have time to clean on Saturdays). Here's the funny part, all their cleaning, didn't stop them from getting sick yesterday. Who knows? Maybe I'm the carrier, and they get sick after I visit, dropping off all my dust bunnies. :)

beats me I have a dirty house 6.67 days out of the week (cleaning lady comes once every three weeks)

I use Purell a lot, but I get pink eye really easy. I have it all over the house and anytime I touch my son's diaper, even on the outside, I Purell. Since he's been born (he's 2) I've had pink eye about a dozen times. Half of those I was the only one in the house to get it.

And I have some Tamiflu stockpiled. I bought it in February when my husband and son got the flu a week before our ski trip. They got over it in time, but I didn't want to catch it right before or during the trip. I only ended up taking half the pack and kept the rest.

Last edited by a moderator:
pink eye is caused by e coli... which is in poop... you've got poop in your eye! poop eye!

just teasing... but damn, that makes me want kids even less!

I'm overly susceptible to it. And yep, it's from poop in the eye, but not always. I got a case of the viral form a few months ago. I got infections before I had a kid though not as often, mostly got them from gnats. And only once every other year.

Latest posts

Back