Study Method Recommendations?

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

stedel

Reaction score
So I have the following books:

1. PERM (Camera) + Sample Tests
  2. Wildi's Book
  3. Grainer's Book
  4. NEC 2011
  5. Complex Imaginary Tests
  6. NCEES Tests
I know this is kind of a loaded question where everyone can have a different method. And what may work for Person A might not work for Person B, but I will ask anyway:

How did you guys study?

For the FE I just went through the PPI FERM and was fine. But my understanding is that the PERM isn't good enough and the other books must be incorporated. But is the PERM good enough to use as a foundation to study and I reference the other books as needed?

Or, should I just do practice tests and learn how to do each problem as I go along using whatever materials have the answers?

Just curious. I'm a little overwhelmed.

I didn't use the PERM Book but I had all the books that you listed as references. I did 50%-70% of the problems from NCEES, CI, Kaplan ( just AM a.k.a I think I am going to fail these are hard sample problems ), Spin-Up ( confident booster ), and another very old PE Practice Problems Book which I found very helpful on NEC questions ( I actually found one or two almost exact questions on the exam).

Back