Study Madness

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Wyatt72

Reaction score
:bananapowerslide: Does anyone else feel like they are going slightly mad at this point in the game? I have been studying studying studying... I have started to to see BOD float by in my dreams!!!

I have started to to see BOD float by in my dreams!!!
Maybe you shouldn't be sleeping in the sewer then!

I was pretty loopy by that point too. I peaked 2 weeks before the exam when I did the full length practice test. After that, it was just basic review and brushing up on things.

What you are experiencing is normal. We're here to help in whatever way we can (mostly listen and assure you that you'll be fine). Don't let it get to you. Most of us have been through it and we turned out normal ... well, yeah, okay. :)

i feel the same way...pretty much the daily grind since mid June

my thinking is - it'll all be worth it in the end

I've experienced the burned out on studying feeling more than once. You won't even remember it when you get that letter telling you that you PASSED! Good luck.

Eric, Wyatt:

I AM SOOOOOO WITH YOU ON THIS!

This has definitely been one of the most challenging professional endeavor of my life. I've never had to solve so many questions based on assumptions. I feel the TIME crunch as well as the frustration from not being able to quickly solve the problems in the Lindeburg Practice Problems book. I'm by no means a slouch, when it comes to academics but this prep is extremely humbling - bordering on condescending. At this rate, I may never get to browse through the other references that I bought for the exam.

The EIT came easy to me.

The only rope that I cling to is that the NCEES practice exam seems about twice as doable than the Lindbergh problems.

I see myself passing this exam. First time too. I'll look back on this and say that friggin' exam gave me hell, but made me a better engineer. AMEN

If you are at the point that you are thinking about engineering problems all the time, and seeing BOD float by in your dreams (or at least the solid things that contribute to BOD), then you are in the mindset that you need to pass the exam.

Keep it up!

:thumbs:

I agree. My brain feels like oatmeal and I'm second guessing myself. I am so ready to have my life back.

Agree with Dleg ... as long as you are still thinking problems with less than one month to go .. that is pretty typical.

JR

What really sucks is the night after the exam, when you are still thinking about those problems, and can't get to sleep! But at least it will be over then.

What really sucks is the night after the exam, when you are still thinking about those problems, and can't get to sleep! But at least it will be over then.
I didn't have that particular problem, after trial #3. Of course, I drank enough whiskey to put a horse to sleep that night...

^I had a similar number of martinis - but still woke up at 3:00 a.m., with all the exam questions reeling through my head, right alongside a killer headache.

I bought a 12 pack of Heineken but only made it through about 3 or 4 before zonking out. I was soooo exhausted.

I did fidget with the ENVRM on Saturday though, couldn't help but try to look up problems I struggles with.

I don't know about that ... but we are getting the cart before the horse.

Good luck! Keep it up!! :)

JR

Leading up to the exam I was not very confident because I felt like I was having a really hard time answering my review book problems. But when I got through the exam, I couldn't beleive how easier it was. So...I promised myself that I would come to this site and let everyone that is stressed out to just relax and keep studying...you will be fine.

Back