Study Group for Oct 2011

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

fidala

Reaction score
Hello All,

I am planning on taking the FE exam this October and would like to form a study group with fellow test-takers. Anyone interested?

Hello All,
I am planning on taking the FE exam this October and would like to form a study group with fellow test-takers. Anyone interested?

I am intrested. I am planning to take Civil PM.

Hello All,
Hi,

I will be making another attempt this October. I will be interested in joining the study group. Afternoon Envi Engg.

Thanks,

SRJ

I am planning on taking the 'other discipline'. Which books are you following? I have the Lindeburg. Started going through Thermodynamics and Economics a little.

I am planning on taking the 'other discipline'. Which books are you following? I have the Lindeburg. Started going through Thermodynamics and Economics a little.

I am planning to take Civil PM decipline this time. I have downloaded the Texas A& M videos, it has morning section videos and also Civil PM section videos. I wanted to go through statics and dynamics in more depth so i am reviewing those topics from statics and dynamics textbooks by R.C. Hibbeler.

FE Economics question:

Do we have to remember the formulae for continuous compounding? I do not seem to find them in the reference manual. Please let me know.

Ex: Formulae such as e^rn, e^-rn

FE Economics question:
Do we have to remember the formulae for continuous compounding? I do not seem to find them in the reference manual. Please let me know.

Ex: Formulae such as e^rn, e^-rn
I couldn't find it in the reference book either. So...I guess you could memorize it. I'm not so good at memorizing formulas, so whenever I encountered practice problems with continuous compounding, I set the equation to daily compounding for whatever the period was. This will approximate continuous compounding though not as elegent as the formula. It is close enough if you forget the formula and have to do a problem like that.

I am also planning to take CIVIL PM. I am planning to go through the Texas A& M videos too. Along with it, I have FE Review manual from Linderburg. Are you referring any other materials?

Where do you guys refer to the surveying section for Civil PM, since I did not find anywhere.

I am also planning to take CIVIL PM. I am planning to go through the Texas A& M videos too. Along with it, I have FE Review manual from Linderburg. Are you referring any other materials?

Where do you guys refer to the surveying section for Civil PM, since I did not find anywhere.
I am also taking Civil PM. I am going through Texas A&M videos. I haven't found any matreial on surveying yet but the transporation videos of A&M contains review of surveying. I have also purchaced NCEES Civil review book adn NCEES PE structural book. I am planning to just solve the morning civil problems from the structural book.

Hello All,
I would be interested in being part of a study group---South Jersey location

Hi, My name is Leon. I am a Chinese guy. I have applied for the FE exam in PA State on October of 2011 and I will take part in the other discipline exam for the afternoon test. I have almost read over FE review manual (Lindeburg) in the past 4 month . I will read it again and do a lot of mock exam. Hope we can support each other.

Hi, My name is Leon. I am a Chinese guy. I have applied for the FE exam in PA State on October of 2011 and I will take part in the other discipline exam for the afternoon test. I have almost read over FE review manual (Lindeburg) in the past 4 month . I will read it again and do a lot of mock exam. Hope we can support each other.

My name is Patrick.

That is good idea of supporting each other.

I am in Florida and will be taking exam from here.

Hi Leon. That is so awesome. I am only 10% through the review manual. Did you solve all of the problems in each of the chapters?

Hi

I was wondering if anybody was interested in study group for the FE October 2011 exam. I am taking the civil PM and I live in ATL

Hi Everyone!

A simple Google search led me to this page. I am taking FE exam this October 2011, and would like to join the study group. I am from PA, will be taking exam in Pittsburgh, and for the afternoon session, I have chosen Mechanical Engineering exam.

May I request all the members following this thread to make signature showing for which board they are taking exam, where they will be taking the test, and what's their specialization? It would also be great to include which calculator, you'd be using.

In this way, it will be efficient to interact with each other.

thanks,

Watch

Back