Structures References

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

GTEngineer

Reaction score
Hello all! I am going to be traveling by plane to take the exam in October and was wondering if I need to bring all chapters of the IBC and ASCE 7. Through my company I have electronic copies of these manuals so I can print it in pieces. I do bridge design so I know what I'd need for AASHTO, but I'm not as familiar with the building codes. Any advice is helpful as I'm trying to keep the weight down for traveling! However, if it's between passing and not, I'll gladly lug them all around!

Thanks!

Hello all! I am going to be traveling by plane to take the exam in October and was wondering if I need to bring all chapters of the IBC and ASCE 7. Through my company I have electronic copies of these manuals so I can print it in pieces. I do bridge design so I know what I'd need for AASHTO, but I'm not as familiar with the building codes. Any advice is helpful as I'm trying to keep the weight down for traveling! However, if it's between passing and not, I'll gladly lug them all around!
Thanks!
I would say, take all of ASCE 7 (no commentary needed) and Chapters 16 and 17 of IBC at a minimum. 16-23 should definitely keep you covered. BUT, if you can get your hands on the bound version I say go ahead and take them both. Better safe than sorry.

Of course, all I needed was my calculator (tribute to former member Tom McKeon)

Of course, all I needed was my calculator (tribute to former member Tom McKeon)
This doesn't sound good. Using a calculator alone for an exam? Who could memorize equations without having it pasted on their calculator?

Back