Structural Depth April 2018

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Doesent NCEES provide an overall percentage? I did not get that. Any idea whether they should be giving an overall percentage score.
I don't believe NCEES gives an overall percentage. The only people who get their scores in the form of a percentage are people who took the exam in Texas. They report scores back on a (seemingly scaled) percentage basis.

I don't believe NCEES gives an overall percentage. The only people who get their scores in the form of a percentage are people who took the exam in Texas. They report scores back on a (seemingly scaled) percentage basis.
Ok. So 50/80 translates to 62.5%. However, in a scaled percentage it might be high 60's. Is there anyway I can know that

Ok. So 50/80 translates to 62.5%. However, in a scaled percentage it might be high 60's. Is there anyway I can know that
Unfortunately, not exactly. And it's hard to figure out the cut score, too. Your best shot is to try to gather other failing structural scores and figure that the cut score is at least one above the highest one.

I wouldn't focus too much on your percentage. I would look at your diagnostic and see if you can determine any areas where you were decidedly deficient, whether in the morning or the afternoon section. When you go to study next time, however, it is vital that you do not skip studying the things you did well on, to avoid the risk of doing worse on these topics the next time.

I know I am a little late to the party. After the exam I felt violated by the AM section. The afternoon section I got through pretty easily. Turns out my intuitions were right. 24/40 on the AM and only one "Slight improvement needed" on the afternoon. Think I need to read the questions and the code provisions a bit more carefully. We'll see what happens. It's certainly proving to be more difficult to study in the summer than it was in the dead of winter. 

I passed!!!! Fourth time and I finally passed. I’m overwhelmed with emotions and just revisiting my old posts. I attempted Structural 3x and failed each time. I finally switched to Construction this cycle and passed. I’m relieved. To those that didn’t pass, keep going. I had many dark lonely days where I wanted to give up . It’ll happen to you!

I passed!!!! Fourth time and I finally passed. I’m overwhelmed with emotions and just revisiting my old posts. I attempted Structural 3x and failed each time. I finally switched to Construction this cycle and passed. I’m relieved. To those that didn’t pass, keep going. I had many dark lonely days where I wanted to give up . It’ll happen to you!
many congrats! time to celebrate!

Congrats, I had to take it twice before passing. I can't imagine the strength it took to keep going for a fourth time. Hope you have a wonderful future as a PE!! 

Last edited by a moderator:
Congrats! I was rooting for you!

Back