Structural Depth April 2018

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I got 48/80 and the percentage was 67% i think it varies depending on depth and performance

I got 48/80 and the percentage was 67% i think it varies depending on depth and performance
That's what you got for construction depth?  My co-worker failed a few cycles ago with 55. it does change every cycle.

Results should be coming out next week! It’s usually around the 40th day. 

How do you guys feel you did?

Sometimes it's day 34 - Looking for the Pass word with lots of anxiety, .
AM was manageable - still feel solid about it

PM was more like wrestling with fluid - it was a mess as expected

I wonder if this is a consensus with structural depth takers 

Sometimes it's day 34 - Looking for the Pass word with lots of anxiety, .
AM was manageable - still feel solid about it

PM was more like wrestling with fluid - it was a mess as expected

I wonder if this is a consensus with structural depth takers 
Yeah, I feel really good about the morning, but I know that the afternoon destroyed me. I was frantic the whole time, it felt like.

Yeah, I feel really good about the morning, but I know that the afternoon destroyed me. I was frantic the whole time, it felt like.
Same. I guessed on way too many questions. It’s hard to predict. It makes me feel good a lot of people feel this way, but then I think, what if the only people commenting are dummies like me who struggled? What if those who thought it was easy, don’t care about these forums because they have nothing to worry about? Lol

Same. I guessed on way too many questions. It’s hard to predict. It makes me feel good a lot of people feel this way, but then I think, what if the only people commenting are dummies like me who struggled? What if those who thought it was easy, don’t care about these forums because they have nothing to worry about? Lol
You're not a dummy! Even if you don't pass. Passing the PE Exam does not instantaneously make you a better engineer than you were the minute you found out your results. And it doesn't take away from anything you've already done!

I’m pretty much the same as everyone else that’s commented so far. I felt really good about the morning and terrible about the afternoon. 

I was surprised that in the afternoon I was basically asked 2 different questions twice. In other words, I had a question, and then a few questions later it was practically the same thing. And that happened to me twice for a total of 4 questions. It should be no surprise for anyone to learn that I wasn’t confident in my answer the first time on either question and was bummed that I practically got it twice. 

Really hoping for my morning performance to pick me up by my bootstraps and carry me across the finish line. 

I’m pretty much the same as everyone else that’s commented so far. I felt really good about the morning and terrible about the afternoon. 

I was surprised that in the afternoon I was basically asked 2 different questions twice. In other words, I had a question, and then a few questions later it was practically the same thing. And that happened to me twice for a total of 4 questions. It should be no surprise for anyone to learn that I wasn’t confident in my answer the first time on either question and was bummed that I practically got it twice. 

Really hoping for my morning performance to pick me up by my bootstraps and carry me across the finish line. 
Are you sure it was asking basically the same thing each time? I'd be more inclined to think you just had to read the questions very carefully to determine what the differences were. But either way, it's water under the bridge now.

Are you sure it was asking basically the same thing each time? I'd be more inclined to think you just had to read the questions very carefully to determine what the differences were. But either way, it's water under the bridge now.
They asked very similar questions and used the exact same pictures as well.  It wasn't the exact same question, but the concepts for the question were the same and I was shaky on the concept to begin with.

I have a good feeling today is the day for the results! I’m so nervous. I think I totally failed. I didn’t know how to do half the afternoon and it took me way too much time doing each problem and looking up codes. Post up your pass/fail when results roll out!

I have a good feeling today is the day for the results! I’m so nervous. I think I totally failed. I didn’t know how to do half the afternoon and it took me way too much time doing each problem and looking up codes. Post up your pass/fail when results roll out!
Seems like your feeling is correct! About the results, that is. I hope you get that green box!

Last edited by a moderator:
Failed. AM-28, PM-22. 50/80.

The diagnostic did not give any overall Percentage. Gave in MD board.
I’m sorry to hear. That’s a high score too! You’re almost there. Next time! I’ll most likely not pass too. I did horribly in the afternoon.

You seem very close to passing based on that score breakdown. I'd think you could up that 8 or so questions next time and get yourself that pass!
Doesent NCEES provide an overall percentage? I did not get that. Any idea whether they should be giving an overall percentage score.

Back