Sometimes you just need to scream!!!

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I asked a contractor about that yesterday. He said everyone is tucking tail until November. After that, they'll either close up shop, or start building again.

Leastwise, that's the message he was getting from the construction world.
Same for job postings. Keep your head down until after November, I think.
I'm hearing January. There's also that 2012 thing.

and it doesn't really matter what we "pieons" think about it anyway, the electorial college will vote their own votes completely seperate of what the public thinks.

Hell, by the time the polls close in Alaska & Hawaii, the election is already decided by everyone else!

and it doesn't really matter what we "pieons" think about it anyway, the electorial college will vote their own votes completely seperate of what the public thinks.

Hell, by the time the polls close in Alaska & Hawaii, the election is already decided by everyone else!
I think IL is a good example of this. It doesn't matter what most of the state thinks because Chicago is a very demcoratic area and the state electoral votes will follow suit.

Popular vote doesn't really matter

^^^The same in Texas. And all the state-wide offices are the same way. Only time there is really any heterogeneity along party lines is at the very local level.

The Denver metro area is very Democratic, whereas the rest of the state is primarily Republican. As a state, the electoral college leans very much to the D side.

Well, the engineers in my group got dealt a bag of dirty dicks today. Overtime will no longer be paid to us. That was one of the big selling points for me coming here back in April. We have a three week turnaround in December that was looking to be a good overtime pay generator which, in a way, pays for the time I wouldn't SEE my family (80+ hour work week for three weeks = $$$). Now that's all gone. Big, big bag of dirty dicks.

Ditto. I can't see how they would make an announcement like that in September then expect everybody to work double time for no extra pay in December. If they fail to meet their deadline, maybe they'll reconsider their decision.

This all stemmed from a VERY big case of fraud discovered and investigated at my site. I won't go into details, but HFS, how can anyone be so stupid? The decision was made by the company's board of directors (yeah, that high). We'll see how it plays out in the end.

Is it going to be one of those deals where everyone gets punished except the folks who abused the system?

This all stemmed from a VERY big case of fraud discovered and investigated at my site. I won't go into details, but HFS, how can anyone be so stupid? The decision was made by the company's board of directors (yeah, that high). We'll see how it plays out in the end.
When you asked them how long this was going to be, were they like...?...

sandlot-for-ev-er-forever.gif

Back