Sometimes you just need to scream!!!

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
^^^ Head... going... to... explode...

ffffuuuuu.jpg

AAAAAAAAGH. Why the hell did it have to be so difficult to "flatten" a PDF document?

There is NO WAY I am a Leo...I shall remain a Virgo :) Screw this!!!
If you do "Screw this!" are you still a Virgo?
Technically, Virgo would be too analytical and practical to even believe in these things in the first place.

hhhmmmm...gasp* oh my God, does that mean... I am really a Leo? ohhhhhh nooooooooooooo!!!

But yeah, I am still a Virgo, no matter

no matter :smash:

I feel as if I have been lied to my entire life...
I had always thought that I was a Pices only to find out that new research has shown that I am an aquarius.

I don't want to be an aquarius...
My wife is huge into this stuff. Funny part is that she is this "new" 13th sign. Part that makes it wierd is that this is the symbol for her "new" sign:

ophiuchus-symbol.jpg

Here's a tattoo she got back in 2009 (yes, she's a nurse):

IMG_2126.jpg

She took this to mean ALOT more than just coincidence. Wierdo.
From the mythology class I took in college, the double snake actually has a death connotation, and the medical field has been using it incorrectly for a very long time. The staff of Apollo (god of healing) was a single serpant.
From Suzanne Somers book, Knockout, they are using it correctly while taking your money.

Why do I feel like I am throwing money out of the window with this whole LEED thing?

My God, LEED Green Associate is already 3x the cost to get EIT. :hung-037:

:suicide1: :wacko: Spent the last 10 minutes searching my cube for a document and I couldn't find it anywhere...until I tripped over my briefcase/messenger bag. There it was sitting in my bag. same place it has been since our last meeting months ago.

This is weird: my wife and i are looking into a getaway vacation for our 10yr anniversary and we have a free week at a resort in either Daytona, FL or Myrtle Beach, SC. So i was looking at airfare on orbitz to compare rates and was looking at a couple different options for getting to myrtle beach. According to Orbitz, we can either fly to Charlotte and drive in for $400 per person, or we could fly to Charleston (with a layover in Charlotte) for $200/person on the same airline.

Why is it that both options stop in Charlotte (and both are direct from Denver to Charlotte), and the one with the connecting flight costs half? Its even the same airline, US Airways.

This is weird: my wife and i are looking into a getaway vacation for our 10yr anniversary and we have a free week at a resort in either Daytona, FL or Myrtle Beach, SC. So i was looking at airfare on orbitz to compare rates and was looking at a couple different options for getting to myrtle beach. According to Orbitz, we can either fly to Charlotte and drive in for $400 per person, or we could fly to Charleston (with a layover in Charlotte) for $200/person on the same airline.
Why is it that both options stop in Charlotte (and both are direct from Denver to Charlotte), and the one with the connecting flight costs half? Its even the same airline, US Airways.
non-stop flights are always more expensive

US Airways has a hub in Charlotte (I believe, I just flew in there last fall) so I'm not surprised you're ending up there.

As for the fare, what class of tickets are they?

Even in coach, they have various classes of ticket, L, U, Z, T, etc. they are not priced equally. I really don't know the rhyme or reason behind it.

US Airways has a hub in Charlotte (I believe, I just flew in there last fall) so I'm not surprised you're ending up there.

As for the fare, what class of tickets are they?

Even in coach, they have various classes of ticket, L, U, Z, T, etc. they are not priced equally. I really don't know the rhyme or reason behind it.
They were both listed as "economy". I just find it strange that both trips require i step foot in the charlotte airport, but it costs more to not get back on another plane from there.

Denver->Charlotte:$400

Denver->Charlotte->Charleston: $200.

All the same seats, tickets, flight times, etc.

a portion of the flight is paying for the convience of the non-stop flight. You are being inconvienced by the stop so the fair is cheaper.

I think crap like that makes the airlines argument about rising fuel cost killing their bottom line fall on its face. If that was the case, the flight that travels more miles (therefore burning more fuel) should cost more. Also, the flight to the smaller, non-hub airport probably has fewer asses in the seats on average than flights to the hub airports. Fuller flights should cost less because the cost of operating that flight is less per passenger.

Basically, asinine pricing policies are the cause of a lot of the airlines money woes.

Last edited by a moderator:
just lovely. I logged into my email this morning and did its normal loading. No new emails over night. about 2 hrs later I get an onslaught of emails with timestamps from yesterday afternoon while I was still here. And they were from inhouse email addresses too. got to love technology.

@#&**#% stupid toys. In the dark last night I stepped on one of minisnicks toys. my heel still hurts when I put pressure on it. Must have bruised the bone or something just as annoying.

Back