Sometimes you just need to scream!!!

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
AAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHH! Incompetant people suck! At least at the end of the day I was right all along.

I helped scope well locations back in 2005 based on regional published information about groundwater flow. When the work plan showed up, the contractor had changed everything because they felt there was no way the regional information could be right about the flow of the water...it has to flow towards the man-made lagoon. I was out voted, it's not my money so I didn't get final say, well actually it sort of is since it was tax payer money but i digress. I just got(yes almost 3yrs for one round of gw sampling) the piss poorly written report and the groundwater flow measurements taken in the field confirmed the regional information so all the wells were placed in the wrong spots. But yet the contractor never mentions the discrepancy and wants no further action approved. HA, yeah right. Just one of many problems.

F*******************************************************************************

******CK!

Well, my 3 year project in New Orleans that I was headed to in July just got shelved, probably indefinitely. Client didn't get the backing from the utility company they thought they were, and they're pulling everyone out. Now I don't know if I'm going to be stuck in Houston, or put on site in Virginia or Arkansas.

This one just capped off a remarkably shitty week.

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

Why does this girl think she needs to remind me that we have a meeting when she's listening in on my phone calls? As if I'm too fucking stupid to remember we have a meeting in 10 minutes.

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRGGGGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHH!

10% paycut just hit. My boss saved our office from staff reductions, though. He thinks the paycut thing will last till end of April. Mot a good day. :hang:

10% paycut just hit. My boss saved our office from staff reductions, though. He thinks the paycut thing will last till end of April. Mot a good day. :hang:
bummer, although a paycheck is better than firing someone. Hope the cut is only temporary!

bummer, although a paycheck is better than firing someone. Hope the cut is only temporary!
Agreed. My boss thinks that salaries will go back up after April. Still sux, though. Thanks for the consolation.

What's hopeful, though, is that we made it this far, and I'm seeing some signs that we'll be picking up soon. I've been writing a lot of proposals to people that seem ready to go. We'll see.

Last edited by a moderator:
Buff:

sorry to hear it. I hope those proposals come through for you and this pay cut is truly only a month or so.

Good luck.

10% is better than the 45% that I got at the beginning of February with no end to it in the near future.

Hang in there guys. I'm sorry to hear it.

No actual pay cut here but I just found out we have to withhold a lot more each week to break even on our taxes next year. Over $100/wk.

That and my wife just called to run it by me if it was ok if someone she knew in college could crash at our house before the Boston marathon in a few weeks. I said I wasn't to keen on the idea because it sounds like someone she hasn't heard from in years suddenly wants a favor and I feel like we are being used. Then she told me she already said it was ok and was really just telling me after the fact...oh and her fiance is coming too. And somehow I just get this sinking feeling that we are going to have to give them a ride to and fro.

Then I got to have that uncomfortable pointed argument on the phone, while still trying to sound reasonable, since we are both at work and have other people around. I'm gonna go stick my fingers in an electrical socket now.

Last edited by a moderator:
After a night's sleeping on it, I am doing much better about the pay cut thing. The wife and I have figured out some ways to cut small things that should add up. jrsc, thanks for the perspective. I'm sorry that you had your salary basically but in half, with no light at the end of the tunnel. That sux! In the mean time, I am going to call some former clients and hit them up, and try to figure out other ways to get this office bringing in more moolah. Thanks for the sympathies.

I really hate sitting next to a printer. It has been printing basically non stop all afternoon. :smash: I've been very tempted to make think before printing sign and tape it to the printer

Samir: No one in this country can ever pronounce my name right. It's not that hard: Samir Na-gheen-an-a-jar. Nagheenanajar.

Michael Bolton: Yeah, well at least your name isn't Michael Bolton.

Samir: You know there's nothing wrong with that name.

Michael Bolton: There was nothing wrong with it... until I was about 12 years old and that no-talent ass clown became famous and started winning Grammys.

Samir: Hmm... well why don't you just go by Mike instead of Michael?

Michael Bolton: No way. Why should I change? He's the one who sucks.

Samir: No one in this country can ever pronounce my name right. It's not that hard: Samir Na-gheen-an-a-jar. Nagheenanajar. Michael Bolton: Yeah, well at least your name isn't Michael Bolton.

Samir: You know there's nothing wrong with that name.

Michael Bolton: There was nothing wrong with it... until I was about 12 years old and that no-talent ass clown became famous and started winning Grammys.

Samir: Hmm... well why don't you just go by Mike instead of Michael?

Michael Bolton: No way. Why should I change? He's the one who sucks.
tough call but I think Mr. Bolton wins.

And the suckage continues. Sick leave capped at 16 hours, with no accruale until further notice. I lost 168 hours of sick leave. Luckily, I am generally a healthy person; I just hope I don't get sick the way I did at Christmas...I was down for a week. :(

How is it that the people in our little company have a much better grasp of the design basis of the plant than the people that actually own it?

And the suckage continues. Sick leave capped at 16 hours, with no accruale until further notice. I lost 168 hours of sick leave. Luckily, I am generally a healthy person; I just hope I don't get sick the way I did at Christmas...I was down for a week. :(
16 hrs a month, year? With no accruale, people will actually take the sick days...might not be such a good move on the companies part.

Back