Sometimes you just need to scream!!!

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Last time I had a tire plugged it was < $10. You can also buy a plug kit and do it yourself, but I figure for < $10 it's not worth the hassle.
Last time I had a flat tire was a nail through the sidewall. Thankfully I'd paid for the road hazard warranty at Discount Tire, so my replacement was free. But the Bronco takes a weird sized tire so it took a week to get it.

VTE, why did you need a pair of tires? Do you have a limited-slip differential?

Must be something about the bronco... ours had a nail through the sidewall as well when we sold it "as is" and disclosed this to the buyer. We had never bought new tires for that thing... and it never had four matching ones on it...

VTE, why did you need a pair of tires? Do you have a limited-slip differential?
I've got all wheel drive. Typically, they replace both front or rear at the same time.

I ended up getting one with a similar tread pattern to the others and it seems to be ok so far.

not for anything but it's always been my philosphy to buy tires in pairs/sets. It's me belief the you really don't want to have a significant difference in tread on one corner of the car regardless of the drive configuration (FWD, RWD, or AWD).

I recentlty bought some snow tires of my car and the tire dealer told me that he was mandated (not sure if he alluded to law or concious) to sell me 4 tires for a FWD car. He said somethin about the rear end braking loose and swinging around if I only had aggressive snows on the front. I think that's a little overkill (if you have some decent tread on the rears), but I bought into it anyway.

not for anything but it's always been my philosphy to buy tires in pairs/sets. It's me belief the you really don't want to have a significant difference in tread on one corner of the car regardless of the drive configuration (FWD, RWD, or AWD).
The other three were in good shape with plenty of tread left. I got one by the same mfr that is basically this year's version of that tire, so I felt ok about just getting the one and the tire shop didn't have any objections. I was fully expecting I'd need a pair though.

I'm a firm believer in good tires. I think it's important that the part of your car that actually touches the road is in good shape and good quality.

Plus those 4 for $99 tires pop left and right.

The other three were in good shape with plenty of tread left. I got one by the same mfr that is basically this year's version of that tire, so I felt ok about just getting the one and the tire shop didn't have any objections. I was fully expecting I'd need a pair though.
I'm a firm believer in good tires. I think it's important that the part of your car that actually touches the road is in good shape and good quality.

Plus those 4 for $99 tires pop left and right.
If the other 3 are all good I'd have no problem replacing just 1.

Cap'n: FWIW, there's some wisdom in keeping similar tread (therefore grip/response) equal in all four corners. For this instance I actually bought some good aggressive winter tires (not all-weather) and I bought 4. Price was quite reasonable for the size I needed (got 4 mounted and balanced for < $400). The tires on the car were good tread but they'd spin pretty easily if the ground was wet from rain and I wasn't looking forward to heading into a NE winter with them. So far we've had some pretty decent snowstorms and these tires have performed excellent on my 99 LeSabre. I'll get my use out of the "summer tires" come March/April.

[SIZE=24pt]AAARRRGGHHHH !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!![/SIZE]

!@#$%^&

%^&*())

#$%^&*(()&

{})&^^%@#

WHy .. why ... why ...

:brickwall: :please:

Okay .. mebbe a little better .. but I am still feeling the :16:

JR

I am trying to pull a Peter Gibbons on a friday afternoon... I know I am going to be asked to go to a meeting this Friday that is going to be a nightmare, I have managed to dodge the manager who has been trying to find me all day... only 18 minutes to go and I see he is back in his office... I somehow need to slip out of here quietly and undetected.

I bet he also parked next to me in the lot too...

I am trying to pull a Peter Gibbons on a friday afternoon... I know I am going to be asked to go to a meeting this Friday that is going to be a nightmare, I have managed to dodge the manager who has been trying to find me all day... only 18 minutes to go and I see he is back in his office... I somehow need to slip out of here quietly and undetected.
I bet he also parked next to me in the lot too...

You still have to dodge the guy tomorrow and Friday morning. I don't see this ending well for you bigray.

Well the meeting requires travel, if I can avoid him for another 8 minutes today and find a job site to visit for at least half of the day tomorrow......

Well the meeting requires travel, if I can avoid him for another 8 minutes today and find a job site to visit for at least half of the day tomorrow......

A high five to you if you pull it off.

Today has been a clusterfuck of epic proportion. TONS of corporate guys running around, for what I don't know, all camped out around my cubicle or in the cube directly behind me. I've been trying to find work to do to appear busy, but have met only minimal success, hence my being missing from EB for the latter half of the day. Luckily only one is left, and he's a former construction guy, so he knows how it is.

A high five to you if you pull it off.

Today has been a clusterfuck of epic proportion. TONS of corporate guys running around, for what I don't know, all camped out around my cubicle or in the cube directly behind me. I've been trying to find work to do to appear busy, but have met only minimal success, hence my being missing from EB for the latter half of the day. Luckily only one is left, and he's a former construction guy, so he knows how it is.
High five!

It is Friday, I am in my office, not at the meeting. I expressed my issues with the meeting, the people I was going to the meeting for, and my current workload to my boss.... so I am here at my desk and my boss ended up having to go to the meeting instead. It's like a double bonus - no meeting, no boss in the office!

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAACK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I fucking hate the CNMI government. WTF! They give you task to do, you go out and get it done before they even realize you begin, and they're response it to get really angry at you for not telling them that you started yet.

So much for the fucking mission. Assholes. Maybe I need to get back to the private sector where initiative is rewarded, not punished.

PEOPLE!!!!!! AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

AAAAAAAAAAA!

Back