Sometimes you just need to scream!!!

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
My left arm is still mid-peel from bad welding arc burn, and I had sunscreen on at the time. The skin is now shedding sporadically on that arm, so I look like a ginger kid due to the dark freckled spots.

Seriously, just because both bosses are out for the week, doesn't mean that you should disregard every amount of common courtesy in the workplace....

I don't need to hear your radio OVER mine when you're 30-40ft away....

If you want to talk to someone 4 offices down, get your ass up and walk there, email them, or use the messenger service installed on your PC.... There's absolutely no reason to yell from office to office to tell each other that you detailed your vehicle last night....

If you want to laugh/joke, that's fine, but it shouldn't sound like the John Boy and Billy Show for an hour straight....

I should just take the rest of the week off...........

wolv58.jpg
Nyyiiiice!

AAAAAAHHHHHHHAAAAAAHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Peer reviewed a letter this morning for one of my previous projects. It was all set up so once the additional data came back, it should have been plug and chug. When I asked a question, coworker was like, oh i didn't look at the stuff in the folder you gave me. How in the flying F@&$ did you review the document if you didn't know what to be looking for?! Glad its not my problem.

AAAAAAAAAAARGH.

Was just informed that long term reassignments on our nuclear projects won't pay per diem. So, I'll end up taking a $38k pay cut, and receiving a one time relocation package worth half that, and am expected to stay at least 5 years? Yeah, that ain't happening...

That's a VERY stupid move on HR's part. What's going to happen is that people will hire on, stay just as long as they have to not to have to pay back the relocation bonus, and quit. There is going to be a mass exodus of people, all at the same time, from the nuclear jobs. And it's not like you can just plunk someone in a position like you can with fossil work or general construction.

^I see a job opportunity or two in my future!

Probably, especially when you're living about 2 feet away! They're going to have a hard time coaxing people from fossil over to do more work for less money.

Last edited by a moderator:
Sigh, three weeks ago I took it upon myself to inform our IT department that some of our software licenses would expire July 31st. The licenses need to be renewed every year and every year IT allows them to lapse so when we arrive to the office August 1st the software doesn't work. It wasn't my responsibility, I just thought to avoid the annual headache I'd be proactive about the situation. We get to the office this morning and the licenses have lapsed. In the shit storm of nasty emails that follow the IT department cites the reason for the licenses not being renewed is that I "confused" them. Fuck you assholes!!! I told you this shit would happen and now that you having bothered to do your f-ing job in 3 weeks it becomes my fault?!?!?!? Shit!

Sigh, three weeks ago I took it upon myself to inform our IT department that some of our software licenses would expire July 31st. The licenses need to be renewed every year and every year IT allows them to lapse so when we arrive to the office August 1st the software doesn't work. It wasn't my responsibility, I just thought to avoid the annual headache I'd be proactive about the situation. We get to the office this morning and the licenses have lapsed. In the shit storm of nasty emails that follow the IT department cites the reason for the licenses not being renewed is that I "confused" them. Fuck you assholes!!! I told you this shit would happen and now that you having bothered to do your f-ing job in 3 weeks it becomes my fault?!?!?!? Shit!
And that's why I save all my e-mails. To forward to the higher-ups when the shit hits the fan.

And that's why I save all my e-mails. To forward to the higher-ups when the shit hits the fan.
Oh I have the emails and the higher ups know it's not my fault, but is still pisses me off that they would try to pin this on me. What a bunch of lazy cocksuckers!

Their excuse doesn't even make sense. They were confused? So rather then asking someone to explain the situation they just ignore it? Good thinking.

I hate, deplore, despise, wish bad things upon, etc, etc, IT People.

but it sucks you have to kind of be nice to them... which is the worst part..

@)(#$*U!!!

If I wanted some critical work STARTED the first week of August, why in the F would I put the need completed date as July 15th????

I f'ing hate dealing with stupid f'ing people.

#@)($@)#*$@)!)@(!&@#()&!@%$()#@*&$@#)*@*#$*_*#$!*!*@$#$()@#&$!!!!!!!!

Note: I added this post because I needed to. Have a pleasant day.

@)(#$*U!!!
If I wanted some critical work STARTED the first week of August, why in the F would I put the need completed date as July 15th????

I f'ing hate dealing with stupid f'ing people.
[SIZE=14pt]FUCK SHIT ASS BITCH MOTHER FUCK!!!!![/SIZE]

AAAAARRRRRRRRRRRRRGGGGGGGHHHHHH!!!!!!!

This shit is STILL not done! Un-fucking-believable. I am so sick of dealing with stupid fucking idiots. Heads will roll. If I can't get that to happen, I'll at least make sure that pressure gets applied as forcefully as possible from my higher-ups. Simply fucking ridiculous.

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

I want to physically move our server to another location in our office. The sorry sacks of crap at HP want to charge me $600 to do this. Am I the only one that thinks this is freaking insane? I think I'm "accidentally" going to disconnect the thing and move it. Ooops.

I want to physically move our server to another location in our office. The sorry sacks of crap at HP want to charge me $600 to do this. Am I the only one that thinks this is freaking insane? I think I'm "accidentally" going to disconnect the thing and move it. Ooops.
Is it just the server, or does it include lots of switches? If it's just the server, and all it requires is a power cord and a connection to the existing network, I'd just move it myself. If it requires moving all of the switches and re-terminating all of the ethernet cables, I think $600 sounds reasonable.

Is it just the server, or does it include lots of switches? If it's just the server, and all it requires is a power cord and a connection to the existing network, I'd just move it myself. If it requires moving all of the switches and re-terminating all of the ethernet cables, I think $600 sounds reasonable.

No, just the server. All it requires is two power cords and two network connections. I have both already in the area that I need to move the server and I am physically going to move it myself. HP wants $600 to "schedule an outage" for the server. Keep in mind that there are 5 people in our office an no one is going to be there when I do this. HP told me that it would set off an alarm at a monitoring center if I disconnected it without powering it down first. I think they're going to have to suck it up and deal with it and try to bilk their $600 from some other schmuck. You'd think the dipshits in our corporate office would question the $600 invoice, but they'll pay anything that looks like an invoice except for our f-ing expense reports.

Back