Sometimes you just need to scream!!!

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
After a 1 hour wait at the Verizon store in front of an unattended tech services desk:

"Hello sir, I see you're here for your activation!"

"No."

"What do you mean, sir?"

*Drops FedEx box on counter8

"Kind of tough to activate when half of the number pad doesn't work."

*But sir, that phone is tested before it's shipped, I don't unde...."

"Apparently, amidst their slew of frequency tests, network diagnostics, and so forth that are plastered as "PASS" on the box it's shipped in, they forgot the 'press the damn buttons' test."

"Uh, here's a claim ticket sir."

Why do project managers have to delegate everything. Don't call me to tell me to call someone for you. Call them your damn self.

Why do project managers have to delegate everything. Don't call me to tell me to call someone for you. Call them your damn self.
Ah thats a classic, another favorite,

"Email whathisname the project drawings and ask for a budget quote, then forward the quote to me"

Yup, sometimes I wonder to myself what they actually do.

Fluvial, I always get alot of slugs on my porch. I've seen one over 4 inches long.

I have the problem of a boss that won't delegate and when he does, he ends up doing what he told me to do anyway. It's frustrating when you have to repeatedly ask for something to do.

Dear Dell,

Thanks for delaying my order for the third time.

Regards,

-Supe

Dear Dell,

Regards,

-Supe

It's been a long time since I ordered a computer from Dell, but I've ordered a few peripherals from them in the past year and have been very impressed with the speed of their service. One order (a wireless mouse for my laptop) I ordered Monday morning and had it sitting on my desk the following day. And that was using their free shipping method.

Dear Dell,

Regards,

-Supe

It's been a long time since I ordered a computer from Dell, but I've ordered a few peripherals from them in the past year and have been very impressed with the speed of their service. One order (a wireless mouse for my laptop) I ordered Monday morning and had it sitting on my desk the following day. And that was using their free shipping method.

I think parts are on backorder, most likely the video card. The pisser was that I ordered that video card over the other, because that would have it delivered 2 weeks sooner. So much for that.

I've seen one over 4 inches long.
That's what *she* said !!

These are earthworms, which I reckon are suffocating since the ground is lippin' full of water (lots of rain lately). They crawl up on the porch but then they just writhe around there and finally die. Meanwhile I'm trying hard not to step on them. Ew! Ew! Ew !!

Slugs are easier to see 'cos they're fat.

There is nothing worse than a bad manager. I worked for a guy at the City who was really passive-agressive in his comments. I remarked one day that the tech and I were going out to take some shots on a culvert or something. He smirked "Surveying? I didn't know you could do that in a dress".

I said "Tell you what, if the sonofabitch gets in my way, I'll take it off".

Jerk.

Then there was the awesome manager I had as an E.I. That guy was a great mentor and a very savvy boss. One time I had a fat report to the CoE which had to be copied and bound - about 20 copies IIRC. When I came into the office at 7:45 there was my manager in the copy room working on my books. He'd been there about an hour. What a guy. :)

How do you pronounce "motherfsking"?
Very carefully. You don't want to spit all over everybody. ;)

After that did he start showing up to your job sites uninvited?
He would show up at random times anyway, in order to let the Mayor think he was "on top of things". I reckon he knew how all the machine operators felt about him though, so he didn't stick around much. Might have gotten his tasseled loafers muddy, don'tcha know.

Mary: :plusone:

Back